Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again all,
posted this prob last week n got some good info. I've removed the idle control valve and cleaned it as per the excellent tutorial I was shown. Problem still exactly the same. I phoned japan car imports and he sent me an idle control valve, but when it came it was only the solenoid as He says that its that bit that breaks on them. Anyway i've fitted the solenoid and its still exactly the same. Revs well but when warm the idle hunts up n down about 400rpm (1000 - 1400 rpm). When driving if you break and clutch at the same time it stalls. If you hold off the clutch until the last moment its ok. Someone mentioned it may be the AFM, could this be true or is the likely culprit the bloody valve.
Help please someone.
Cheers.
Mark.:swear:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Its unlikely to be the AFM as this would normally cause poor running all the time and reflect on lack of power through the rev range. If the car is stalling and hunting the most likely culprit would be the idle control valve and if you have cleaned it and still the same then then replace the valve itself. Do you have engine management light on at all?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Same happened mine, Stalling at roundabouts. Stripped off throttle body and gave it a good clean with carb cleaner and a tooth brush. That was 14 months ago and not one stall since.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,
cheers for all the responses. My motor doesnt have a dump valve but has an external wastegate from a HKS Gt3037. so that isnt an issue. i've been onto japan car imports as to what happened to the rest of the idle valve but no reply yet. does anyone know where i can get one of these buggers from?
in the mean time i'll give the throttle body a clean aswell just in case.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Cutting out

Hi m8

If you could send me a link to that guide on cleanig nhe idel control valave it would be usefull for me.

Another area to check would be your vacuum hoses, they do crack and split. So a good look along them might be worth while.

You will still most likely have a Dump valve even with your external wastegate. Uless you know for definate they have been removed. On the GTR it is behind the panel in the drivers side wheel arch not sure where it is on your model.

Kev

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I had that very same problem, Mine was due to having the recirc and a Bov fitted. Once the recirc was blanked off and piping removed it has been fine since.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi peeps,
def no dump valve.
please please does anyone know where i can get an idle valve from???
cheers.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just for info had a car in garage today doing same as yours not a skyline but all principles the same cleaned idle con trol valve and throttle body with carb cleaner runs like a dream so try this before buying new part:bigthumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi bigchief,
How do you disconnect the idle valve properly so that it runs with control from the linkage, bear in mind its a rb25det and not a 26 like your beastie.
cheers.
Mark.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I cleaned plugs, coils, changed the lambda sensor and fitted a new air filter. One or all of them stopped mine stalling.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello Bigchief,
Just bought this months jap performance, who's that hansome chap with the beastie gts. the car looks awsome mate, yer lucky bugger. tried disconnecting the wires from the idle control unit. It seems to be a lot smoother, still hunts but only slightly. Only now it stalls really badly which means no steering or brakes, yipes!!!! so i'll have to plug them back in. Got a guy sending me a secondhand unit so fingers crossed.
Cheers.
Mark.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No no-one has spoke to me yet. I'm gettin a bit frustrated as I've mailed quite a few people at suppliers etc including some off the forum but nobody has been back intouch. The problem the worst thing ever is starting to happen................ I'm starting to dislike my Skyline!!!! as the car seems to be giving one problem after another and I've only had her a couple of weeks. When I bought her it was only a remap to fork out for but now i've the idle valve and a clutch to splash out on before I can enjoy.
Cheers for all your help though.
Mark.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts