Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FTO
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tyres all round are near failing so nows the time to upgrade the rims. 19" seems to be the best in term of look but still performing ok. Thinking of doing a 8.5, 9.5 staggered fit and probably 40 profile.

So the big question is, will this set up fit nicely or would it likely need lowering springs too? Had to do that to my old car (FTO) going from 16s to 17s.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think 19's will be more of a ruff ride compared to 18's but i guess if your going for the look 19's probably better.

Is it coupe or sedan? I have a sedan with the factory 17's and lowered it recently about 35-40mm with some cobras and looks heaps better and rides nice and smooth. I didn't go with adjustys because its just a daily and im not taking to a track or anything so didn't wan't to spend that extra $$ and saved by doing it myself.

So yeah go for it! Nice wheels can completely change the look of your car.

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Keeping the profile as large as you can get away with will help, coil-overs with reasonably soft springs will also help, although any suspension/wheel deviations from std is always going to be a lottery in the comfort stakes.

·
'NISMO' 350GT
488 Posts
I am running 19s with NISMO coilovers which has lowered it by about 10mm (I have been told). I am on 35 profile fronts, and 30 rears.
The trouble I have is that the way the adjustable top arms have been set up, I am eating front tyres. It's a compromise between handling/eating tyres, and 'poorer' handling/tyres lasting lol. I think I will stick to what I have as I love the pin point handling...

·
FTO
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys. Booked in tomorrow so will see how the ride height is after and whether to leave or lower.

Matthew- Its a coupe. Are there any clubs in NZ? Used to be in an FTO club and it was great fun and like the Skylines an awesome overlooked car.

If it gets lowered springs would be sufficient, not a track car too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts