Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking 2.5? But, maybe more of a weird 2.36 or something? The reason I ask is because, I was thinking about getting a cat back and the reason I was just gonna get the cat back is because I have other plans for the turbo manifold and the turbo. Such as a top mount manifold, a 3 inch dp, test pipe, injectors, and Nistune (maybe?). But, I wanted to slowly piece it together. I was thinking about using a 2.5" to 3" adapter as a "for now" thing until I could get the rest of the parts.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm thinking 2.5? But, maybe more of a weird 2.36 or something? The reason I ask is because, I was thinking about getting a cat back and the reason I was just gonna get the cat back is because I have other plans for the turbo manifold and the turbo. Such as a top mount manifold, a 3 inch dp, test pipe, injectors, and Nistune (maybe?). But, I wanted to slowly piece it together. I was thinking about using a 2.5" to 3" adapter as a "for now" thing until I could get the rest of the parts.
I would assume it's 2.5, and if you get an adapter for 3" to 2.5" and its too big (meaning the stock is something weird like 2.36" you could sand/cut it down to fit. Would be best bet I think. Or just get some scrap pipe and make a 3" straight pipe until you can afford/make the exhaust you want!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would assume it's 2.5, and if you get an adapter for 3" to 2.5" and its too big (meaning the stock is something weird like 2.36" you could sand/cut it down to fit. Would be best bet I think. Or just get some scrap pipe and make a 3" straight pipe until you can afford/make the exhaust you want!
That's true. Or I could have someone weld on the adapter to the stock exhaust too, maybe? 2.36 to 2.5 wouldn't be too bad though. I would probably just need to drill out the holes a little bit.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, it makes sense that it would be 2.36 inch, because that would be 60mm. With them being in Metric. I completely forgot about that lol. So, I would actually be looking for a 60 to 76.3mm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts