Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has any one come across this before? for some reason my stock boost gauge wont sit on the bottom line whilst on idle like my last GTR did, i was wondering if anyone has come across this before... before anyone asks the gauge works ok and the pipe is connected altho it can be a little slow to boost up...Is it a fooked gauge or something else
Daz...

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nobody any ideas? could it be a faulty gauge? leak maybe? car runs fine tho and it idles dead on 1k rpm

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
My gtst did this but it was the pipe from the mainfold to the black box that gives the reading on the dash, had a tiny spilt init changed it for some new pipe (washer jet feed pipe 99p per meter) and it was all good after that.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It drops to the position in the pic when im coming to junction/lights, altho i have noticed that it doesnt move as fast as my other GTRs gauge when giving it some beans altho this one it totally stock were as my old GTR was stage 1

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My gtst did this but it was the pipe from the mainfold to the black box that gives the reading on the dash, had a tiny spilt init changed it for some new pipe (washer jet feed pipe 99p per meter) and it was all good after that.
I just replaced that particular pipe as it had split and was wondering why the boost gauge wasnt working and that it idled high doing said pipe cured the prob but the gauge was sitting like this before hand

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive been told apparantly that its normal due to vacuum some sit on the line and some dont so it seems to be sorted .
Thanks chaps
Daz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts