Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to ask wat the stock rear wheel kilowatts of a GTT-R34 should be? As i thought it was in between 140-150. Also i have a dyno graph which i would like to show of the boost dropping rapidly near by the end of the rev.

Later i installed a boost controller (manual), and it dynoed at 164.2 kwrw, but the boost drops like 3 psi. Is this normal for GTT R34 to drop boost like this???

·
Registered
577 Posts
According to Wikipedia, the R34 GTT makes 280hp at the flywheel, which corresponds to 206kw. If we take rwkw as 0.83 of the flywheel figure, losing approx 17% power through the drivetrain, the rwkw figure comes out at 171.
There are several reasons why it may be losing boost which I'm no expert on, so there's no point in me guessing, I'm sure there'll be someone else along later who will know more about these things than I do.
HTH

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Will have mine on the Dyno soon, although mine isn't stock anymore. Will keep you posted, sorry, I know it isn't of help for you now, but maybe later for others.:cheers:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yer thanx mate but wouldn't u know how much [email protected] it should make anyway?

Also if maroonmachine is correct, about losing 15% of its flywheel figure... An R33 GTS-T should be making 155kwrw STOCK and this is IMPOSSIBLE to make as i had a r33 and know its between 130-140 and lil bit over 140 if ur car is in good condition...

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
you could test ten stock gtt cars and they would all make different power

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So the point of my question is if 158kwrw is in the average range of GTT R34 or below or higher??? simple as that

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
A R34 GTT is meant to have 280bhp at the flywheel which is about 240bhp at the wheels which is about 177kw at the wheels.

·
Registered
577 Posts
It's not the same motor as the R33 GTS-T, it's got the RB25DET NEO engine, by which time I think they had slightly relaxed the restictions on the output of the engine giving more power.

·
chico_king
128 Posts
has anyone had a stock 34gtt on the rollers? mine was stock when i bought it and it made 255 at the flywheel which the rolling road operator said was similar to the other gtt's he had tested. i was pissed off because everything i had read said it should be 280. phoned abbey motorsport some time later to purchase some discs and pads and mentioned that mine had made 255 and they said that the figure was about right

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
It's 280 bhp standard, definitely. It's SUPPOSED to be anyway!! It's got NEO (Similar to VTEC) on top of the turbo giving it the extra 30 brake over the r33 gtst.
My wastegate hops like fook while the turbo's spooling up sometimes. Sometimes I'd nearly swear I can hear it flapping like an old shed door :D Will get a boost controller to sort that when I have the spawns. Listen out for that because you can hear it clearly when it happens. It stops happening on me once the turbo's spooled up though so make sure the turbo's not still being intermittent towards the top end on yours.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts