Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What power exactly should my engine be making if it was in its stock form? Some places say 280, some say around 250, some people seem happy when theirs dyno's at 225 bhp :S

What the heck is going on, what am I clearly missing?

A mate with a 34GTT got 200bhp at the wheels :S that cant be right?

Max. Power; HP 280 @ 6400 rpm
Max. Torque; Kg-m/ft/lbs 249 @ 3200 rpm

A few sites seem to show that, but like I see people getting dyno'd getting a lot less, I know theres the @fly and @wheel readings, but something dosnt seem consistent when I read peoples posts which is why I'm asking this noobie question :D

Just wondering for when I get mine RR'd to see how crap its performing :p

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
A 34GTT neo engine should be 280bhp and about 240bhp @the wheels.

·
ONIT LIKE A CAR BONNET
3,482 Posts
when i went to a dyno day i see a few cars that should of got alot more than they did one guy insisted that his car was 380bhp and only showed 297bhp so they done another run with two people sitting in the back and surely enough on the next run it made 386bhp cant see why????????????????

·
Registered
52 Posts
Its probably because you have the extra weight in the car to reduce the slip on the dyno. Its hard to get consistant resukts sometimes because teh car is just slipping all the time. Abbey motorsport have a good dyno because its done straight from the hubs not wheels so u get an actual power figure. Just cuts out the randoms that a roller dyno brings. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool ok, so if I see less than 240, esp with the breathing mods I should be worried? Going to the dyno day on the 8th at rising sun so we shall see.

maybe part of the confusion I was talkin about in the first post is like people are saying dynos dont seem to be accurate each time, so one mans 280 is another mans 386 :p

Suprising it can vary that much tho :Z

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
GTS-ts are 250 and GTTs are 280 due to a couple of small differences but most of all the NEO VVT,the confusion is probably between the 33 and 34,even though they are both RB25s,the outputs are different

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
aaah, that could be it as well mark

Cheers all

·
big fat pig
267 Posts
I say take it to the drag strip too, the trap speed never lies!!

I reckon with 280fwhp should be just over 100mph at the finish line, I know standard 280bhp evos should get 101mph over the line and they are 4x4 and less power to the wheels.

;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
As above - low quality rolling roads struggle to offer traction. Sitting people in/on cars can sometimes help the problem, though all it does is compress the car's suspension. We can support 1,200whp on our Dyno Dynamics rolling road. Search on YouTube for Dyno Dynamics videos (perhaps some Horsepower Heroes videos) and you will see power well into four figures having no traction issues on rolling roads the same as ours, with field-leading accuracy. The days of wheelspin on rolling roads should be well and truly over by now :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts