Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i just got a R33 a couple days back. To be honest this is my first turbo car and i am sort of a noob in nissan machines. There are a few questions i hope the nice people here can answer (and yes, i am not a wreckless driver.)

a) how much hp upgrade can a rb25det with stock internals withstand?

b)what to mod to get around 300-400hp with a rb25det?(please be comprehensive because this is what i'm planning to do)

c)what kind of failures that are common for a stock rb25det?

d)do you need aftermarket intercooler for 300-400hp?if yes?what size and recommendation?

e)is it compulsory to get brake upgrades for 300-400hp?(if yes, any recommendation? )

that is about what i want to know, i hope people here can answer these! Thank you very very much!

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
a) how much hp upgrade can a rb25det with stock internals withstand? 500bhp but for reliabilty stick to 450bhp

b)what to mod to get around 300-400hp with a rb25det?(please be comprehensive because this is what i'm planning to do) Have a read of the tuning guide sticky for RB25DET owners.

c)what kind of failures that are common for a stock rb25det? Std turbo dying from to much boost or piston/rings from DET.

d)do you need aftermarket intercooler for 300-400hp?if yes?what size and recommendation? After 300bhp you'll need a front mount have a read of the sticky.

e)is it compulsory to get brake upgrades for 300-400hp?(if yes, any recommendation? ) Yes

1 - 2 of 2 Posts