Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right just rebuilt the rb 25. Can pull lovely through the whole range at 3/4 throttle however go full throttle at it sounds like it's hitting a limiter around 5k but still continues to rev. This happened before it blew before so I've only noticed it once and won't do it again. I'm assuming this is det right?

·
Super Moderator
9,013 Posts
If it sounds like somebody is screwing up a crisp packet its likely to be det, probably needs some timing pulling and a bit more fuel, (presuming your self mapping?) but I would make some det cans and come off the throttle as soon as you start to hear any indication of det, or you could be rebuilding again.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankfully it's not det then as it sounds more like a limiter that's kicking in and it just don't pull anymore. Think timing may be the first port of call as it may be pulling it too far back. It's the std ecu and I really don't want to rebuild again as just forged it

·
Super Moderator
9,013 Posts
Sorry was getting you confused with somebody else with the fuelling and timing comment, if its holding back or missing at around 5K rpm its likely to be down to coil packs.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been looking about and wondering if it could possibly be the rich and retard fiction as I just checked and when it's doing it it's hitting 12 psi even though I still am using the factory 2 stage

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just checked the timing. Seems it has been out by about 3 degrees (11-13) btdc. Adjusted it back and now it's back running sweet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts