Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Hoping someone may be able to help me out.
Since I got back (3 weeks ago) My R32 has been spluttering strangley, It will run fine for ages but for what seems like no reason, sometimes whille accelerating hard, sometimes when idling or slow driving, it starts spluttering, sometimes giving it a bit of a rev maks this go away, sometimes it can take 5 - 10 mins to disapeer, It does always go away in the end, but its really annoying, losing power and sounding very rough.

At first I just put it down to the car not being driven regularly for a while, but Iv been using it daily and it hasnt gone away. It had a service recently and had the sparkplugs changed, and Iv checked the coil packs and they are really clean.

Had a look at the ECU and in diagnostic mode its flashing Code 21, "Ignition circuit". Could this be the cause of my problems???
Next thing will be changing out the AFM with a Z32 one I have kicking around.

Any help would be much apprecieated ;)

Cheers

Kev

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have had a similar problem with my car which gradually got better with time and regular driving, I fitted new spark plugs and coil packs which didn't make much difference. It is ok most of the time but still happens every now and again I never found the cause so I'd be inerested to hear peoples views too!! :D

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At least theres others in the same boat, dosnt seem to be anything too sereous, as 95% of the time the car is fine, Going to try a different AFM later, see if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I doubt the ECU test would report a bad plug, so as someone else said Amp or maybe coilpack would be first to check, easy done just whip the plugs out and one will be fouled if that's cause.

If not amp, plugs or coilpack I'd definitely go for the AFM, I went the above route and did not cure it, changed the AFM last, purfect!

Aitch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts