Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.......... but when I'm idling along in traffic my GTS T keeps spluttering, when it's ticking over it is fine and when I'm accelerating it's fine. This seems to happen at around 2k revs and I wish I wasn't stuck in traffic as I look a right arse as it's like sitting on the back of a Kangaroo.

Suspect plugs, anyone agree ?

Also found a HKS idle stablaliser tucked under the carpet, tried to pull it out for the SVA test (which I passed) but it just won't start at all without it. What the hell is it for ?

·
Registered
953 Posts
is fitted as probably has hks dump valve fitted and the hks idle stabiliser stops it hunting when vent to atmosphere dump valve is fitted so i would reconnect it first

lee

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Changed plugs and had a good poke around and everything looks OK but still bloody feels like it is going to stall when I'm in traffic. Does anyone know of a garage up in the Newcastle area that would know what they are looking for, what about a Nissan dealer ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think he is been harsh just a bit sarcastic which never hurt anyone. I know the fcukers won't have a clue and will want nowt to do with it but if they could plug their diagnostic in and tell me what I need I would do it unfortunately. Unless someone knows of a garage up here that could sort it.

·
Opinionated *unt
1,593 Posts
Changing plugs and plug leads never did anyone any harm, but I suspect that HKS gadget is contributing somewhat.

Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I changed the plugs last week and found that they don't have the traditional plug leads but have wires going to individual coils (I presume they are coils) on top of each plug. The leads and coils were clean as a whistle but I suppose there could be a problem inside.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Consider your dump valve if not standard and idle stab and look for air leaks on the pressure side of turbo pipe work. Also Lambda sensor can cause these problems also a dirty idle control valve and throttle body. The AFM if dirty or faulty could also be a suspect.

If you pulled a lump of kit off and put it back on, for the little effort involved it may be worth disconnecting the battery for a couple of hours, re connect and drive like youve blagged yer local post office to re set your ECU and give it something good to learn.

This last bit of advice has a bit of a myth status to it but it costs bark all and could be usefull.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Have a look at your lambda sensor. Mine was all shattered inside, so easy to spot that it was f**ked. This caused the car to stall and idle poorly.

Nissan didn't detect that this was knackered, I ended up at Option.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts