Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
My old R31 has its bonnet stuck shut. All of a sudden the bonnet release catch isn't working, there's no resistance at all when I pull it. How could I fix this, and if not how else could I get my bonnet open!
I've already tried someone just pushing down on the bonnet while i pull the catch as a mate suggested it was just stuck a little, but thats not working.
I'd appreciate any help!

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
welcome rad,when your pulling the handle can you feel it pulling hard or is there no real resistance to it?just incase the cable has come off the handle inside the car,if this is the case a pair of mole grips on the cable wil open it if it has come off at the bonnet try and get the grill off to get access and you will be able to pop the bonnet at the catch

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
If its come loose from the catch then its a flat bladed screw driver and trying to release the catch. I did this few weeks ago on my wifes Primera.

I had changed teh bent mecahanism after an accident and hadn't pinched the cable in postion and it came loose. Luckerly I still had teh old one for referance so I could see where to slide the screw driver in to release.

Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts