Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my birthday is in a couple of weeks time and my girlfriend has allocated me a budget of around £50 (+a curry at my favourite indian! :drool:)
As usual when i have money to spend though i am somewhat lacking inspiration.

Thoughts so far although since i haven't committed to i am obviously not totally convinced on:

5L of silkolene and new filter - boring
Partway towards gtting my SAFCII set up - again doesn't thrill me even though i've been meaning to get it done for months now plus i'd have to pay the difference :(
A dremel - wanted one for ages but think although it would be handy just not much fun really.
New set of flex head ratchet spanners - same as above

Just don't know - all sensible suggestions appreciated. I'm lacking inspiration!

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
£50 maybe some Momo foot pedals ;-)

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
Do something different then! Dont buy something with use the money to put towards doing something you havent done before :) Or buy some bling for your engine bay, surely you can find something for 50quid??

Note to self: dont be so generous (ex's birthdays, paid for parachute jump, a holiday, gliding lessons, alton towers + expensive meals) :shakehead:

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
Master cylinder brake stopper every time :)

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
£50 maybe some Momo foot pedals ;-)
Got some aluminium/carbon fibre kayame pedals already- which i need to strip off again and clean up as the padal metal behind them is starting to rust :(

Do something different then! Dont buy something with use the money to put towards doing something you havent done before :) Or buy some bling for your engine bay, surely you can find something for 50quid??

Note to self: dont be so generous (ex's birthdays, paid for parachute jump, a holiday, gliding lessons, alton towers + expensive meals) :shakehead:

Can see where you are coming from but can't think of ought really plus it might lead to another expensive hobby! Allowance would have been more but we are economising with house purchase very shortly :(

Master cylinder brake stopper every time :)
Thats just gonna make me want new discs + pads and make me remember that i still have to get round to fitting the replacement servo that has been sitting patiently in my shed waiting to be fitted to rectify the clicking noise when i stomp on the middle pedal :(

What about some paint to spray the dash panels with? Be nice and cheery too then :)

And you'll have money left over to go on the lash!!!!!!! :cheers:
I don't like painting plus i like it the way it is :(

Keep them coming. Non car related suggestions too :)

·
Always sideways
4,234 Posts
A Prince Albert? What is wrong with this guy? :)

You know what that entails right?

Interesting side note, I know (well, I've met) a guy who had a bash at a DIY 'Prince Albert'. Believe it or not he actually managed it. Then lost 'it' inside his girlfriend.

I'll stop typing and let that thought sink in...

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
I'd go for the Dremel. I bought one to clean up some engine parts and it's the best tool ever. Mega handy to have around.

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Been meaning to get a dremel for ages. So how do dremel dremels score over dremel type tools?

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
god im cringing right now as i have a very vivid image in my head ouch!!!!!

how about surprising the missus and takeing her out????

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
:rofl: the ex had a prince albert..... :D

Go quadbiking for a few hours, always good fun, or get some of ur mates together and go paintballing??? I dunno, £50 limits things a bit.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts