Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone thought about re spraying their cars??? how much does it generally cost??? and what sort of colours have you redone them in?? I quite fancy one of the Ghost colours from the new Alfa Romeo!

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Depends how Pukka a job you want doing. If its all the shuts and rub down to near metal, and any interior bits that show think thousands (2). if its a special finish like Flip keep on adding those pounds

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm, think I will keep my 'rare' colour as it is!!! lol.....maybe a few stickers...now where is Jock....!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was quoted on a Supra, doors off stripdown, good masking with solid colour £1300 and around the £2000 mark for Filp/candy apple shine... I have seen thier work and its pretty excellent...

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chromaflair is a bit common these days....want something a bit different...:)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I'm Here!

If its stickers you want.... I'm your man!

As far as respraying goes, it ain't cheap.

I'm getting mine done later in the year as a 'favour' so to speak, but its going to cost me materials still, and that alone looks like a good few hundred.

Must admit that if I wasn't getting it done this way, I wouldn't even consider it unless it seriously needed done.... Just think of all the go faster goodies the money could be spent on.....

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean. Everyone seems to want to copy my colour!!!! Been talking to Standox to see if I can get a new special effect paint there working on but it looks like I would have to chip in for it and I dunno if I can be bothered.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the thing is that when you have resprayed you dont want to track the car, or you worry that you are going to chip the paint on it!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I know of a guy that does a good job on all the visible bits for a reasonable price.

He does cheap jobs and good jobs. The cheap jobs aren't good.

No personal recommendation but I've seen some good results from his work. He's based 5mins from my house.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cheers, may look into it!!

nice to see ya back, one of your mates from FDUK was asking after you at Bolney!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I might be "back" but I never went anywhere.

Any idea who missed me from FDUK? Couldn't be arsed with Bolney, meets don't interest me much any more; if they ever did.

Still like Plough/Berkshire Flyers meets though :D

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sorry mate, didnt get his name!!! was there with his girlfriend!

yeah, Berkshire meets.....legendary!!

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Buster, lol, yeah, I remember......very matching! Ben, he had an FDUK T-Shirt, thats about all I remember, was too excited as I had just bought the wheels off Shin's car!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts