Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll after spitting the turbo pipework off my car again this morning i have a question for all you nice folks

Are jubilee clips all completely shite or is it just mine?

Suggestions please for suitable replacements (impressive, this one broke rather than just indoing itself)

Paul

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
:) they are good just dont like being tightened up too much. What you need is some adhesive to lock the pipework to the sections.

Taking them off is a little harder but the you dont want to do that often.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
If you know the sizes I can get you much more industrial hose clamps that are not too big and ugly, unlike me.

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
Paul.

If u ever want screwbands we have about 300million of them at work. all stainless too. Let me know if u would like some (although im guessing u probably dont).

Kris

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good mate, I dont mind big and ugly so long as they are effective. I'll have a measure up when I get home, going to be a slow old trip back though off boost

It was really going well this morning too...

Paul

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Isaac,
If they do the job mate i'll give them a try, the windsor relief road is not the place to be parked up fighting with pipework in the rush hour

Paul

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Give me O/D in mm of hose and I will get you some (quantity). Get some from Isaac too and all bases covered.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds good to me.

Thanks guys, beers are on me {best Milky Bar Kid voice)

Paul

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I popped in to my local car parts suppliers on the way home and asked about a jubilee clip, after a bit of a hunt round was informed by the nice man they didnt have anything the right size.

"one second..." the nice member of staff says and dissapears out the back. Two minutes later hes back with a little bag containing two "here you are..." he says "with our compliments..." " i cant be ar$ed to sort out the paperwork so you can have them

What a bargain... at least i dont have to suffer Renault on the way to work tomorrow and should hold until i can find a more permanent solution

Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts