Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a fuel filter from my local Nissan dealer today (Fish Bros),
with no drama, no sharp intake of breath, no dopey questions and "if you supply all your VIN plate details we can get anything you need"

Is the attitude slowly changing towards us naughty import owners ?

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you mean I should have checked it ?

Fishy Oh yes har ha ! Maybe its a fish tank filter

·
Registered
147 Posts
I believe all Nissan dealers have now

been supplied Electronic Parts Catalogue (EPC) for all imports.
Supply them your chassis no. & model code and they can look up
any part for you.

James

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Wish it was the same for Toyota, has taken them 2 weeks so far to find me a Temp Sender Unit..

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
**** turned over again.
The fuel filter from Nissan has a 90 deg swept elbow on the top, maybe that accounts for it being £11.99.
Arse !

Did'nt make the car go any better either, Arse again.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lost £3 worth of petrol changing it as well.
Word of caution , be ready to whip new one in as soon as poss, not like me, take old one out, petrol gushing everywhere, erm wonder where I put the new one.

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
lol yeah :) after 5 mins standing with one arm covered in petrol with my thumb holding back the flow and the other hand holding a dodgy inspection lamp which used to smoke when ever you put it down and sparks when you switch it off! I invented a "bolt stuffed into a spare bit of fuel hose" cap type thing for the petrol pipe which allowed me to carry on with the minimum of swearing:)

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not much room and not much rubber pipe between metal feed and bottom of filter.
Had to undo lower clip by feel, couldnt see Jack really

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
ahh, no bodge job is truly complete until you've used the mole grips. why twas only sunday when I ruined a perfectly good damper with the mole grips.

I keep meaning to buy a proper hose clamp, you can never find the tool you need when your covered in flamable liquids.

it is pretty tight round the fuel filter! ideally you need a small child to help, they've got small hands, and no know fear of being set on fire

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I quite like slip joint pliers for fcuking things up with.
Its all about the lack of forward planning or the arrogance of thinking I can do that in half a minute, peice of piss, how can that job go wrong

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
As discussed my Thread Highjacker, I am awaiting part numbers for ya..!!

Buster: Should have given me a tinkle me old china, have been dossing at me old dears today, could have come round and given you a hand..! If things had have gone wrong I had a appointment with the quack anyway..! :)

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ah yes, but I am a mechanical engineer, RAF trained and been doing it for 30 years, hence the arrogance bit in last post.
30 years and still learned feck all.
Every job no matter how simple has the potential to bite yer ass.
Having a full range of every swearword known to man and the ability to apply them in eloquent combinations helps though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Buster

Did you take off the fuel cap to reduce the pressure in the fuel system? That could explain the fuel pissing out so much.

Clairol-boy,
Have you sorted out your temp. sender unit yet?
Is this the sensor for the EFI or the radiator fan?
I may be able to help with part no.

James

1 - 20 of 22 Posts