Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right guys n gals, my r33 [gtst] has HKS rear shocks which are fully adjustable...., and i would like to replace them with something a little softer, the fronts look like stock units i think [never seen other stock ones close up to compare] but i cant see any brand names etc, anyhoo these sit lower than stock, so im assuming they have lowering springs...
anyways, i find the rear a little hard for comfort, now when i have passengers all is perfect, the extra weight makes it just as soft in the rear as it is in the front, BUT....its very rare for me to carry passengers [its just my weekend to and fro toy really :dogpile:
so with this in mind, what rear shocks should i be looking for? [something a bit softer than the hks jobbies] or should i get stiffer shocks for the front?
nah, scratch that......im old, and like me comfort:dogpile:
back to plan a..... whats a bit softer [but still sits lower than stock] ?
ta :cheers:

·
Registered
909 Posts
I'm not sure, but couldn't you get springs with a softer spring rate for the HKS jobbies? Seems a bit of a shame to change HKS parts!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well m8 you may be right, but theres an "also" ...... the rose-joint at the tops of the shocks must be a tiny bit worn [not that theres any play, ive checked,,,, numerous times!!!] but they must be worn just enough to make the occasional clunk so thats another reason for me looking for softer shocks....lets not forget im fairly unfamiliar with car bits and bobs [bike man at heart] so rebuilding the hks shocks with new softer springs and maybe new rose joint thingys [if that is whats making the occasional clunk] doesnt appeal to me in the same way as unbolting the hks jobbies and boltin back on some softer units :dogpile:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I had the same problem in my R32,it was a propper bone shaker.

went to b&q one day to get my mam some compost gor the garden and popped it in the boot(it was one of them big25 ltr jobbies).
On the way home i noticed it felt lots better to drive.I think i had the bag in the boot for about 2 weeks ha

im currently lookin for some coil overs for my R33 so i`ll be keeping my eye on this thread te see whats the most comfortable

hope ye find what ye lookin for

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
japspeed ones :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts