Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just bought an R33 GTS with adjustable suspension, its a bit too low and rock hard! Can anyone tell how adjustable it is by looking at this pic? (there is a blak dial at the top with a flat head screw and numbers 1-5) Basically i need/want to raise it a touch and soften it up slightly. I have had a quick look on other discussion topics and cant seem to find an answer...although i am new to the forum so might not be looking in the right place! Please just point me in the right direction if needed!

Mike

Attachments

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
to make it softer for road use, turn it anti-clockwise...thats for compression damping, basically the speed it travels downward, to soften the preload (up-ward travel) wind the adjustable huge nut on the underneath of the spring clockwise or so the nut goes downward, but make sure you measure the height from wheel arch to a static point ie; the center of the wheel or a point on the wheel/tyre.....so that when you turn the huge nut to loosen the spring the height of the car will drop lower, and yr keep both sides the same height.......so basically the top nut is anti-clockwise for softer and clockwise for harder downward travel.....and the big nut under the spring clockwise for softer/slower up-ward travel and height.......:cheers:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i just got a hand me down from my father... A R32 GTS-t.. i really need suspension for the front and back the hard part is i live in Antigua in the Caribbean so i am having trouble finding suspension.. can anyone tell me where i can get suspension from???
YOUNGSTER

1 - 3 of 3 Posts