Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey

i want the gts-t r32 lower, its way to high haha

know, im thinking of waiting a bit a getting some coilovers, what reccomendations would people suggest,

or is there a good shock and spring combo. on the previous car i had spax psx, which were good with adj dampening, and fixed height, wondered if theres any like that as they did a good job.

will there be anything else tho that i should buy that could be effected by lowering the skyline. camber etc and what shud i get and alter them to.

cheers all:guiness:

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
hey

or is there a good shock and spring combo. on the previous car i had spax psx, which were good with adj dampening, and fixed height, wondered if theres any like that as they did a good job.

will there be anything else tho that i should buy that could be effected by lowering the skyline. camber etc and what shud i get and alter them to.

cheers all:guiness:

Go for GAB shocks & springs all round found these the better ride, camber etc.. will deffinatly be affected but a decent garage should be able to adjust

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
You can go for a set of D2 Racing Coilovers...I had the RS kit on my old car and I loved it... I am using the TopOne Kit now but it is a bit overkill for average road use unless you have a big budget...

Include topmount, it have everything you need... and a year warranty...

Give Impulse Performance a ring at 01795 410105 and see what they can do for you...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Things to consider before changing your suspension.

Firstly do you use your car everyday(Main car)?
Do you like the current ride quaility?
Do you have a lot of pot holes in the roads around you?
Do you have a lot speed humps near you?
Don't you mind loads of road noise when driving?
Have you got alot of corners/twisty roads where you travel?
Are you planning to track the car?
Are you the only person normally in the car(Kids/wife)?
Most important, Have you got the money to burn?
What are the knock on side effects(Cambers/Tyre wear/Car insurance)?

All these thigs have to be considered before shelling out the pounds on new suspension.

My advice.
If planning a track car, Then go for the coilovers if money no object. The car will be low and a nightmare around speed humps and pot holes. You will find the car likes to come off the ground a little more than normal due to the stiffness. If you have smooth twisty roads then they would also be good along with good lowering suspension kit like ohlins or tein. You will find coilovers are a lot nosier in the car and you feel eveydump and taking passengers is a nightmare for the car will sit lower on the arches and the exhuast my scrape on humps and kerbs etc. Your tyres may also wear quickly on the inside and require you to alter the cambers to correct, Which is also another expense that people don't think about when buying suspension.

If you plan to use the car everyday and it's your main car without passengers then go for a fixed lowering suspension before going to coilovers. Not as harsh, But just as good.

If you still want good ride with some better cornering and lower stance, Then the standard shocks fitted with a set of lowering springs is a very good compromise between comfort and road holding. It's a cheap option and gives you a glue on how harsh coilovers are and if you can live with them before spending the pennies.

Hope that helps.

·
RB25det inside
1,253 Posts
I recently bought a set of K-sport coilovers.

U can set the height independent of the spring preload + the dampers are 36 way adjustable "hard to soft".
On the hardest setting car hardly moves when u lean down on it.
I'm planning on going drifting so comfort is not a issue, if i were to use it every day think i'd get slightly weaker springs for a more comfort ride.
Advantage of k-sport is they're easy to service + wide range of springs are available "so the guy that sold them told me".

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its not an everyday car

my current everyday has got adjustable dampning shocks, and there quite stiff, i dont mind it at all.the skyl;ine is gopin to be used for shows etc, fast road, some track, drag and a bit of drifting. and like i say not an everyday car

·
Registered
103 Posts
its not an everyday car

my current everyday has got adjustable dampning shocks, and there quite stiff, i dont mind it at all.the skyl;ine is gopin to be used for shows etc, fast road, some track, drag and a bit of drifting. and like i say not an everyday car
If not everyday car with no else in it and your going toshwos etc.

Answer is easy. Coilovers as pictured above.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what other stuff would i need. if i lower it on coilovers or shocks and get top mounts, what else will i need other than good tyres to get the cornering and grip. and keep suspention in good order.

is it easy to service the coilovers as i hear they corrode easy, ill look at doing it everytime i service the car

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what other stuff would i need. if i lower it on coilovers or shocks and get top mounts, what else will i need other than good tyres to get the cornering and grip. and keep suspention in good order.

is it easy to service the coilovers as i hear they corrode easy, ill look at doing it everytime i service the car
anyone

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you realy have a low set u, the up must set up the cambers so they don't wear the inside of the tyres every month.

Rear upper camber arms and some front upper adjustable arms for the front. You could also fit some nismo or aftermarket tension bars, Links, Strut braces front and rear, Stiffing bars for the underside and some anti roll bars, Hicas lockout and a TSC controller aswell, But how deep are your pockets.

All that should keep you on the road upto a point or you could reallly splash out and get BOSE to make you their state of the art suspension for the GTR, But comes with a price tag of £20,000 a set.:eek:

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
I've also got th K-sport coilovers. took ages to setup and get just right because I use the car for road and track.

They are essential track suspension, but of got the spring rate as low as I could get it to keep it soft and only lowered 30mm all round. Was vast improvement over my standard suspension, but that was completely shagged.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.