Skyline Owners Forum banner

TÜV documents - Germany

7K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Drtytrix 
#1 ·
Hi there,

although I am from Slovenia, our registration office gives quite high importance on German papers. Therefor, they want me to have TÜV document stating that the car (R34 GT-T, made in 1998) complies with EU directives talking about emmissions, lights, noise level and brakes.

Now the question: does anyone have this document? If so, I would be extremely grateful for it or for some contact on where I could get this.

If it is a problem to answer this, please PM me.

Thank you very much!

#3 ·
There is a similar process in the UK - when you import a vehicle, you need to show it has "Type Approval", i.e. it is fit to drive on the UK roads.

There are a variety of ways to do this, one of which is to get a certificate of conformance from the manufacturer (although they may charge).

I'm not sure how this is done in Slovenia or Germany, but across the EU I believe there is a mutual recognition process, in that if the car is approved and certified in one EU state, it is allowed by mutual agreement in another.

Someone in the UK may be able to point you at the R34 type approval process/certification places in the UK that Germany may accept as part of their TUV.

But thats only a guess..

Kev

#6 · (Edited)
For the curious Reader....

regarding the German counterpart of the --MOT-- in the UK, the so called --TÜV / TUEV-- for those who try to avoid those funny dots in German, just replace them the way You put an "E" instead!

The -TÜV- is the Technical Survey Organisation in Germany and by appointment of the German Minister of Transport responsible for the Road Safety of Cars on German roads and especially the "Autobahn´s" ....which explains why car parts are tested very strict in Germany as some stretches of our beloved "Autobahns" are still with no speed limit.... but beware....exceeding 130 km/h (80 m/ph) makes someone automatically 50 % guilty when involved in an accident, when it´s not clear who caused it!!!

According to legislation as with registering an imported car like a Nissan SKYLINE having no -COC = Certificate Of Conformity- from the European Union, it can be a "Nightmare" to get such car TUEV´ed (MOT´ed) over here.

As the Skyline was never intended to be sold and exported to Europe, no vehicle parts show any "E-approved" symbols and therfore the TÜV really is out to check all technical aspects of the car to sum up every tested and checked part of the vehicle to present a receipe, You´ll be "gobsmacked".....

My inquiry February 2008 with the TÜV caused me to almost faint, hence my recommendation to find Yourself a company that does it for You, because it is a difference if You pay 6000,-- or only 1500,-- EURO if You´re lucky presenting a "non modyfied" car!!!

The TUEV needs to make a so called "Abgasverhaltensgutachten = Emissions-Behaviour-Test" which costs already up to 1000,-- EUR incl. VAT

Of course the headlights have to be changed to the continental standard, with costs starting from 250,-- EUR both Headlights ---the Skyline XENONS are not allowed in Germany, as the beam width regulator and cleaning system for the front lights are missing.

Thats my input so far, if anyone has further questions....drop me a line!

Regards blackjack64, Cologne, Germany

#9 ·
However there are very few parts on the Skylines that do have an E-sign on them. ;)
This is not affecting the general procedure though.
Hi RXXXIV,

:wtf: without the "F"...word as we are talking about the "E"...word.
Which one´s as I do not think that these are the BREMBOs and the GETRAG-transmission parts....LOL

You do know why these things interest me :cheers:

CU, blackjack64

#10 ·
The front glass cover of the headlights in example. ;)

Not saying these have the E-sign on all Skylines but they defo do on one of mine and they have not been changed and are not out of a UK spec model etc.

Think I've seen something else too but can't remember what it was, so can't guarantee.

#15 ·
To be honest I wouldn´t recommend any of the dealers and importers in Germany. I did everything myself and would always do it again. You need to be prepared though to put quite some time in and loose some nerves. If you can live with that and are patient you can get it done without the help of dealers and for less $$$ too if you do the right things. If you don´t have the time and the effort to deal with all that paperwork stuff though just leave it and drop it off at a dealer´s place as it will be far easier for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.