Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to +t my rb25de and am very new to the car scene have been doing some research but have decided to stick my neck out and see what the community thinks, preferably looking for a whole kit I can purchase for my 4 door r33 price range is about 4K but can stretch if need be, what things do I need to turbo my non turbo and what do I need to upgrade cheers.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I guess you're budgeting 4K in NZD which I think is about 2K in GBP ... I went +t on my R34 for about 600 GBP with used parts (except gaskets, oil/water hoses and fittings). You might be better off looking for a complete turbo engine for the budget you're talking about. You'll need to find the right ECU too, intercooler (preferably front mount to keep it as cool as possible) and exhaust. You might want to think about uprating brakes - at least some very good discs and pads. If you're not sentimentally attached to the car also consider selling it and looking for a GTST as you'll get all the other stuff plus LSD etc. already in place.

Doing it DIY there's already some good advice in existing threads here and elsewhere (e.g. SAU). but as a quick idea of what's involved, I changed injectors, ECU, exhaust manifold (extractors), downpipe and catback. I added turbo, front mount intercooler and pipework, turbo lines for oil/water feeds and drains (which requires finding places to plumb them in).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts