Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so;
I am having an issue with the conection of the wire harness behind the radio in my car. I bought the car with all the cables striped. One of my boddies from Japan send me an original wire harness he found. I conect all the cables, all colors match and the radio work perfect, BUT...., There is a [3 cables] plug that I don't know were it conects, and my Panel lights dont work same thing is happening with the Tail lights. Please anybody that know about this, reply your suggestion will be very apreciated. PICTURES OF THE RIGHT CONECTION WILL BE GREAT. I have a wire diagram but I just dont understand the thing...
Little help guys.....I am from Kaiserslautern, Germany just in case some body want to meet. I am still learning about this car and would be great to have a mentor.
THANKS IN ADVANCE.....:cheers:

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
Don't worry about spare wires in a stereo install as long as the stereo turns on, you get reception and all 4 speakers work. On most stereo installs there is a spare wire or so. Some cars have spare entire plugs!

The reason your tail lights don't work is because you have blown the Illumination circuit... you haven't wired the stereo correctly. You need to find the Illumination wire and insulate it or connect it to the Orange wire on the stereo harness (it may not have this wire, depends on your stereo)
It's likely you've mistaken Illumination for an Earth

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey, I am located in Spangdahlem, bout a half hour drive away. Id be willing to drive up and help you out with anything you need. Just shoot me a p.m. I can give you my cell number from there.

·
12,294 Posts
Yeah, the blue/red wire is NOT an earth, it's your illumination circuit. So the blue/red wire should go to the orange wire of the headunit wiring harness, and the black wire of your headunit wiring harness straight onto the side of the headunit itself, or to a nearby bolt to get an earth. Then replace the fuse you've blown.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all, I will be working in the car today. J_ Cool I will send you a pm today. Hopefully you are available so see you then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts