Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mmmmm KPG-C10
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any dealings with these peeps? Website looks good, and their write-up is spot-on. If you have! Any idea how to contact them. Can't see any e-mail contact details!

http://www.takakaira.co.jp

Interested in the following wheels, all 17" x 8":

Sparco NT-R £158 each

Versus Turismo Dolce £170 each (Check these out - dont think they will suit the Skyline, but amazing wheels!)

Versus Sesto Turismo £175 each

Manaray Super Edition N-2 £160 each

DKF Python - £207 each

Buddy Club P1-Racing - £175 each

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me what you think!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've used them in the past and they seem alright with a prompt service. But I don't think they are the cheapest on the net. When i bought small items they were very efficient and everything worked well.

But when I bought my Jun bumper off them - they sent that by air freight too!

The damned airfreight was nealry more than the bloddy bumper!! But it was worth it :D

·
Mmmmm KPG-C10
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheap!

Thanks for the feedback - do you know where I might be able to find some wheels quickly! My tyres on the car at present are far worse than I thought, so I can't drive her (one tyre on the front is showing the metal braiding! I have 4 brand new tyres ready to fit on a set of 17" x 8" rims, but no wheels!!!! Mine are 16"s at the mo!

Want to spend no more than £600 realy, but might go a little more. Even consider 2nd hand!

Also my car is the Type M, so same callipers as the stock GTR (i think)

Any help anyone! Want to get/order them within a day or 2

Cheers

·
Registered
110 Posts
NiteskyR said:
as a matter of interest what was the cost of the freight ?
This was a few years back, but I think it was in the region of £380 or near enough the £400 mark all in. :(

I was not impressed when the bill arrived :mad:

But you learn from your mistakes eh?

Also DelMonte, don't know much about R32 GTS wheels so not sure where you can get a set off the shelf. Perhaps one of the R32 GTS people can help?

·
Mmmmm KPG-C10
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Offset probs

I have found (the hard way) that you need specific wheels to fit over the larger callipers of the Type M.

I bought some nice 8x17 wheels, brand new, right PCD and offset. Offered them up to the hub, and the spokes fouled the calliper by a HUGE amount!

Later found out about the caliper prob! If it were a standard GTS-t then would have gone on!!! Argggggghh!

So sold the wheels (back on ebay) and only made £15 loss, but now have brand new rubber for 17" rims, and in serious need to get new rubber on the car.......very illegal! So need a set of wheels asap!

Any GTS-t boys out there know!? I know the standard R33 GTR wheels fit right on, so wouldn't mind a set if someone has some hiding in their garage!

Please help me..............someone?.........hello????...........ECHO echo.....................................echo.............................<echo>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts