Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im wondering if anyone has an idea as to what wrong with my motor! Now i realise with out looking at it or listening to it.. its not going to be that accurate but i got a dodgy tapping noise coming from my turbo or turbo area as soon as i put any pressure on it / through it! Its a real clicky / tappy sound... the tapping gets faster the with pressure...

Engine sounds fine,
No loss of boost,
No smoke, No other symptoms at all.. that i can tell

i think, its been doing it a while, but recently started to get louder

any ideas??

·
Registered
11 Posts
it might be the waste gate rattling .this happened to me when i had my turbo rebuilt , bolts were left loose on actuator bracket , disconnect actuator arm and hold the waste gate closed with ur finger and start car if there is still noise could be turbo bearings?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stu
no not got video, WILL get u some.. DIDnt think of that! Would really like to get to the bottom of it...

lee
Hmmm doesnt sound like how id imagen bearings to sound if they where going, but then what do i know! ... it sounds much more like a tap then a rattle... but will check the waste gate...

thanx for the quick replys.. will get some video in a bit

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
You sure its not the Exhaust manifold leaking as they cause a knocking noise?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx for the reply,........

YEP..... got somebody too take a look, would appear there's a manifold stud sheered off

MMMMMmmmm the very back one!! anyone no of somebody that can get it out on the cheap??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts