Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Denmark the tax price of a new car is over 200 % compared to other EU countries..

If I should pay the tax on my old skyline r33 gtst from 94. they ask for about 5000 - 7000 £

CRAZY !!! just bought a Hiace 2.4 D, annual green tax is 500 £ besides that, i have to pay 1000 £ for insurance because I am 20 years old..

Is it this bad in your country ??

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts
geez we complain but at those priced we wouldnt be able to drive - u guys must be skint or have a decent public transport system

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well we cant afford cars like that before age 21 and up because of the high insurance. a normal skyline r33 gtst with the tax payed of costs about 10.000 £ here

·
Registered
227 Posts
To register my '93 R32 GtsT here in Ireland at this present day wuld cost me € 1055.

Thats based on the irish revenues open market selling price of €36,642 when new, then with discounts for age they value it at €2931. The charge is then calculated as 36% of the current value plus €228 to the emissions ******s treasure chest ending up at €1055.

Then the anual road tax (which goes to the local councils bank account, not the roads) which costs €660 per year....or €366 per half....or €186 per quarter, based on a 2.0 liter engine.(rb25 a'hem, shuussh) Do ya see what the sneaky bastids have done there? A lot of people can only afford 3 months at a time here.

If I had a 2.5 engine (wink, wink) the tax would be close to a grand a year !!

Insurance approx 900 (im 38) but thats on a shared trade policy so private would be different.

Right folks. Thats Denmark and Ireland sorted. Whats the rest of the world paying to enjoy these great machines?

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Over here our. Road tax ranges from free tax every year up to 900 quid a year dependant on emissions and if it's a 4x4

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Is that a year??? ^^^^

No road tax here

Rego witch includes your min required 3 party insurance is around $650 that's about £416 per year

No more to pay. No MOT no road tax no insurance although it would be stupid not to as it's **** all

However your not allowed a turbo charged car or v8 in the first few years of driving and have to be over 21. They are strict on modifications no VTA BOV no boost controllers only one in take mod. No piggy backs.

Also cars are expensive to buy like for like my R33 gtst still costs around $11k to $12k around £7 to £8 grand. I can still import mine all shipped and insured an on the road for less.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep. thats a year. Well we cant make any mods to our cars that is legal. No IC and what so ever. normally insurance companies allow "cheap" insurance to people that is age 23 to 25. Thats what we call a veteran at driving. Then it gets very cheap. but between 18 and 21 it is very expensive. and the road tax is crazy. If you buy a two seated Diesel car with first registraition date after 1997 then its double up. for an example:

my hiace. first actually registration date 1996. costs 500 £ a year.

If it was after 1997 it would be 1000 £ a year. CRAZY ???!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts