Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this weekend I've fitted my new tein ha adjustable suspension (£750 inc vat and del) surprisingly its not stupidly hard or low!

its got 4 step height adjustment which requires taking the strut out of the car (they're not coilover) , i've put it on the second heighest.

and 16 way top adjust damping via a twist clicker on the end of the piston rod (there seem to be 21 clicks tho?) i've give it about 8 clicks (anyone got any suggestions on setting this up? ed - i've looked this up on the tein website it looks like you start with full clockwise and workback counter clockwise (to soften) 10 steps, while you can wind back 20 odd steps, you shouldnt go further than 16 (oops))

the quality looks pretty good and the springs look well made and are progressively wound, the springs supplied were s-tech medium

this is a front strut all assembled... it took a little longer than expected due to the my spring compressors not fitting nicely into the windings of the spring about 4 hrs all told

Attachments

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
you should run them in on the softest setting for a couple of hundred miles, then tune to suite your driving habits.

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ta martin i'll do that then, needless to say the install intructs are in japanese and were discarded early on in preceedings,got a track day on sat so it looks like i'll be putting some miles on bewteen now and then :)

now, i've just got to decide were to put the tein sticker

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think i'm gonna lower the font by one setting to get a bit more -ve camber (there isnt a prob running slightly lower at the front is there?), then i'll post some piccies :)

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
no problem from a machanical sense, but it will affect the handling. how much and in what way is past my level of expertise ;)

N

·
0 Posts
Have you still got the instructions , if so scan them , you will need jap language support , then put scaned doc's into a translator , not perfect , but better than nothing .
tein are one of the best make's as martin says tho set on low damper setting first , the rears double up on the front settting , then later adjust as you see fit .
for example my set of gabs are possition 1 on the front , 4 on the rear , these have only 4 way on front 8 way on back , i have 12mm clearance from wing ,only prob i get is spoiler hitting the deck , comming out my drive

regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts