Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
RB25DET
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Looking at getting some Tein type flex coilovers for my ecr33, is anybody here using them and if so what are your opinions/experiences with them? most people seem to be using Super Streets, but im not sure if they will go low enough for my liking, i want something that will just tuck the top of the tyre inside the top of the gaurds, and ofcourse they need to be smooth enough for street use but need to be good on the track aswell (i may start doing some track in the future), i think the spring rates that come with the type flex's are 6kg all round.

So basically im looking for some opinions on what the type flex's are like, any help would be really great.

Cheers

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
If you want to go ultra low on your setup then you will need type Flex as the shock can be adjusted for overall height without compressing the spring. Super streets wont do this. Type flex are fine for trackdays, I have them fitted to my R32 GTR.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm on super streets with my R32, this is the arch gap at the rear with them on their HIGHEST setting...

Let's put it this way, you'll get it lower than stock camber/toe adjustment will allow you to and certainly low enough to need some arch rolling with the right wheels

·
RB25DET
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the help guys, so do you know how much lower the type flex's can go compared to the super streets?, ive been looking for info and pics of r33's with them and cant seem to find any decent info anywere, if they can just tuck the tyres (im running 18x9 +30 on the rear with 255/35 and 18x8 +28 on the front with 225/40) then i will be happy, i dont want to go ultra low, just low enough so i dont have a gap between the tyre and gaurd.

Any further help would be really appreciated.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
The flex's go lower without adding pre-load which is their main advantage - TBH by the point you go any lower than I do, you need another £200 worth of suspension bits anyway just to get the alignment back

1 - 5 of 5 Posts