Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question regarding temperature sensors.

My water temp gauge hasnt been staying at exactly the same temperature all the time once the car has heated up.

It normally sites just below the middle, maybe a couple of mm below the middle, but it sometimes drops by maybe a mm... To the untrained eye it wouldnt be noticed, but to me because of the trouble I had with my 200sx, I watch it like a hawk.

I was wondering if it is down to crap sensors because my oil pressure guage tends to fluctuate from time to time, and someone mentioned that they arent the great things on planet earth.

I have check the water levels, and they havent moved at all... and I havent lost any water, and I have also checked the oil and it is clean and at the right level.

Any advice or calming words of encouragement?

Cheers

Martin

·
Administrator
25,977 Posts
yep mate there not the best as the gauge will stay the same even if your water temps are higher,u would be best with an aftermarket gauge buddy

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep mate there not the best as the gauge will stay the same even if your water temps are higher,u would be best with an aftermarket gauge buddy

I thought as much.

Im just very hot on that because on my 200 when the temperature dropped on mine, looked under the car to be confronted by a pool of water...

I mean it literally only drops the smallest amount, but it gets me worried every time.

I think I will have to look at getting some new guages, as its making me paranoid, and with an impending drive to devon in a weeks time... it dont need any more problems!!!

·
Administrator
25,977 Posts
bruce m does track days and his avcr i think says his water temp goes up to over 115 and his gauge does not move but your paranoid? im off to the ring in a cupla weeks and your worried about going to devon lol for peace of mind mate a couple extra gauges wont hurt :drivin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts