Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering. I was talking to the guy in the Shell station the other day and he told me that their petrol was 99.9 Ron. When i was in Tesco they said it was just 99 Ron(mind you the the person did seem bit of a numptie). Does anyone know if they are the same Ron or is there that point 9 difference. Cos as a bloke that LITTLE bit is always A LOT MORE THAN IT LOOKS. lol
"The Thwish"

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Yup SHELL :dogpile:

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
my 32 ran on shell permenantly unless stuck in some hick town lol, the r33 will be the same

·
Registered
962 Posts
In answer to the question...

I believe I read somewhere that Shell is actually 100 ron but for legal reasons they don't want to advertise it as being 100 because the odd batch may be slightly under and get them into legal trouble.

Not sure how true that is but I will only be using Shell when I get it back from RSP.

·
manual convert
583 Posts
nothing but V-power, even when skint.
tesco for food & BEER,BEER and more BEER

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Shell are doing my bloody tree in at the moment, we had 3 shells nears us and all but two have been turned into friggin BP in the last fortnight!!!!!!!!!!!

Supposedly SHELL have sold a load of forecourts to the BP buggers!!! AAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Since Tesco's fuel got contaminated with that silicone i've avoided using it and gone back to the V-power 100.9p a litre:disappointed: should be cheaper.

Only use other super unleaded if i really have to & can't find a shell....

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
Filled up with VPower at a garage miles away (never been there before); guy behind the counter asked what pump.

I told him, he said "£42 diesel"

WTF? I said; "It's V-power" starting to feel scared (it'd been a long day).

"Yeah" he replied "V-power diesel"

At this stage I really started to sh*t myself.

Luckily he then started laughing.

I suppressed the urge to jump over the counter and kick the sh*t out of him, but only because I was feeling so relieved.

Damn joker.

Anyway, back on-topic, v-power all the way for me! :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
V POwer all the way...... Mr Scottish was running it on that when I bought it so I will continue to

·
Peppered schlong
860 Posts
Not much fuel for ure £10 there then cossiedave!!
Can't recall ever paying anywhere near that.
Currently filling up with V-Power, but a BP garage bout 5 miles down the road from me has just got the new 102 fuel on their pumps !! wey hey, should b an interesting drive home!!

G

·
I'm going to go against the grain here and say....Tesco 99.

Over the last few weeks I've been switching between the two.

weeks 1 and 2 : Vpower gives me 190-200 miles per tank, mixed driving. And seems to create more misfires...

Weeks 2 and 4 : Tesco 99, 220-260 miles per tank, mixed driving, noticbaly less misfiring.

While I realise my 'misfire' is not fuel related and somehting to be solved.....I found the Tesco stuff just to be better.

·
4,143 Posts
if you do that stu you should really reset your ecu.
i would want to see why its missing to as is it missing or detting?
bp isn't bad ethier just expensive but tesco isn't very good.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have tried both and noticed no difference, I dont know how Shell can justify the price of V power when at about 3-4p a litre cheaper Tesco 99 is just as good! I have run my GTR on tesco 99 with no problems whatsoever for months. Skylines love to drink :40oz: and any fuel saving means more driving for me!! :dogpile:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.