Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, after a bit of snow it was a nightmare trying to get the car out of the car park. I sat and watched many people trying to get out but in the end giving up. then i went out, turned the AT onto the snow setting and slowely but surely got myself out! finally, a skyline that can deal with our fickle weather.

hope you guys have made the most of this clever little button

Attachments

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Nice good work there - I de-iced my driveway:screwy: only to snow and hour later :funny::funny::funny: Looks like the Skyline's not only going anywhere today. Just spent 15 minutes heating it up and skidding trying to move it lol!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Lol, good fun today driving in almost blizzard like conditions.

Sometimes having winter tires and a tsc helps :p get to boost past all the euroboxes that get stuck in the snow...
With the odd bit of sideways action for a good measure of fun

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Wow I know you want to drift but c'mon take it easy. You ok? Must have gave you a scare! You need to be careful don't forget your selling it :)

·
R32 2 R33 2 R34 ZTUNE PLZ
382 Posts
I took my wife's friend home last night(wife knew about it as she sent me)I used my snow button which does not get used often.Only fault was when i braked and slowed
to drop my wife's friend off a few streets away i just slid a few feet.

Eventually my wife's friend said i will walk from here.

Also i am meant to be at a Hospital appointment later today,but the 30 miles each way and driving back tonight and icy snowy roads warnings on the net as led me to cancel it,someone rear ending me a few years ago almost to the day has def put me off also.

·
Gepit
157 Posts
Had a R33 GTS in St Lucia (Caribbean) which came with a snow button, really usefull in the tropics ;-) Would be interesting to see wether it would make any diffrence to my current ride R34 GTT which is just scary in the current weather.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I'm good mate :) how's tricks?
The GT-R is still going strong, making 420bhp now which is comedy fun in this weather lol.
Wow!! It was standard the last time I'd seen it kept that one quiet lol! - Must feel like a totally different car now :bigthumb:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow!! It was standard the last time I'd seen it kept that one quiet lol! - Must feel like a totally different car now :bigthumb:

:p It's still a quiet stealth mobile.
LOL, tbh, nothing has been changed, mabye new floormats lol, i just finally got round to heading to the dyno :p

Previously i didn't want to quote a figure incase any of the upgrades that had been done had been for nothing ;) not bad though since when i did buy the car it was stock (dyno'd at 274bhp).

·
Registered
114 Posts
The snow mode on the 350 was a BIG surprise - I looked out the window duiring the snow and was dreading the drive to work - stuck it in SNOW and cue one of the most ordinary drives I have ever had. No wheelspin, no sliding, no explosions, no epic scenes of powersliding - although I did get the ABS chattering away on a particularly nasty bit of mirror-finish ice.

This car jsut keeps growing on me - although I do feel some more power may be needed during the summer months..........

·
London stand up tall
2,440 Posts
well, after a bit of snow it was a nightmare trying to get the car out of the car park. I sat and watched many people trying to get out but in the end giving up. then i went out, turned the AT onto the snow setting and slowely but surely got myself out! finally, a skyline that can deal with our fickle weather.

hope you guys have made the most of this clever little button
Ermmm Skylines have been capable of snow since they stuck a GTR badge on the 1989 R32 GTR?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
:p It's still a quiet stealth mobile.
LOL, tbh, nothing has been changed, mabye new floormats lol, i just finally got round to heading to the dyno :p

Previously i didn't want to quote a figure incase any of the upgrades that had been done had been for nothing ;) not bad though since when i did buy the car it was stock (dyno'd at 274bhp).
It's always good to do that then your added hp is a bonus :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts