Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Just another brick in the wall
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am yet to actually hand the money over BUT, massive thanks to the folks at greenlight insurance. I am 21 with 2ncb wanting to insure an R32GTST with various mods. My top 3 quotes are listed below.

Adrian Flux 3k
Aplan 2k (am yet to get a call back with the mods added on)
Greenlight £1370!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :drivin: :bounce: :bounce: :worshippy: :D

As you can tell i'm rather happy with that quote. I thought i'd be lucky to get it down to £1800 and that would be hard but these guys are excellent. Just gotta wait till the car comes now

http://www.greenlightinsurance.com/

·
Registered
252 Posts
good on you, i tried loads when i was 20 and nobody would entertain me as it was an import, saying that, i got a few very cheap quotes before i bought it, but once provided with the reg nobody wanted to know:whip:

ended up getting a traders policy in the end

·
Registered
751 Posts
bloody hell that is cheap, ive just renewed mine with flux for 1500tpft 500 excees.
im 21 and got 3 yrs ncb and had my skyline since 20 insured with flux

i will have to give em a ring at renewal time

·
Registered
194 Posts
you have done well there mate,greenlight insured me for 10 years plus with modified Vauxhalls,but didnt want to know with my 350 skyline.
Good guys though all the same
Your first name is not Jose is it???

·
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it's Dave.
Just to let you know the quote is fully comp as well.
I can't believe my luck still. They were really nice people on the phone as well and they really knew their stuff.

·
BOOOOOST
1,863 Posts
aye got a great quote from them myself..very helpful and glady talk through your policy and what you want to know...thats who im with now!

·
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dunno i couldn't believe it. Something will probably go wrong when i ring them back knowing my luck. My car is having cat1 fitted as soon as it arrives.
Other thing you gotta remember is the R32gtst is a 2.0 turbo and the R33gtst is 2.5 turbo. Dont know if that 0.5 makes a differance. I was supprised they didn't ask what previous cars i'd driven either.

Most insurance people i spoke to said a tracker makes no differance as usally by the time the car is recovered its in a write off state anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there

I got a nice quote of £1500 from Greenlight, i'm 21 and 2yrs NCD. i have a question though, this is on the condition that the car is fitted with a Thatcham 1 or 2 security system (alarm). I was wonderin wether the car has this as standard or if i need to get one fitted

i haven't bought the car yet - its a 1996 skyline 2.5l turbo (gts)

Any help would be appreciated

1 - 10 of 10 Posts