Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks Richard

Had my Apexi Power fc fitted and mapped yesterday, along with new cam belt, spark plugs and ancillary belts. The only downer was finding out my bl**dy boost controller is knackered! so Richard still did a fantastic job in mapping it at 0.5BAR and somehow still managed to wring 286bhp out of it.
Car feels so much better driving it home, and into work this morning. Pulls really smoothly and a lot harder.
I'll be in touch as soon as I can squeeze some more money out of the piggy bank for a new boost controller.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
WooHoo...that's better. RSP fitted a shiny new Profec B 11 yesterday, wound the boost up to 0.85bar, and Richard managed to squeeze a maximum of 335bhp out of it which impressed both of us, and backed it off to a safer 320bhp as I use it pretty much every day.
Also as pleasing was 310ft/lb of torque, the power really kicks in with a bang now.
Chuffed to f***!

:worshippy:

·
Forum loiterer!
1,707 Posts
There's some good results there!! Torque fiqures are HUGE!

Im in the same boat, got boost spike issues i need to deal with then i can get my ass back there for the all important MORE BOOST!!! :D

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, all hail the God known as Boost. :worshippy:

I'm getting married next year, so got to take my foot off the spending pedal for a little while (selfish cow!)
After that it's new Turbo, Z32, injectors, intake plenum etc...no sleep 'til 500bhp BWAHAHAHA!

·
Forum loiterer!
1,707 Posts
lol my wallet was imprissoned 4 years ago so spending has all but stopped. but still managed to get myself a nice plenum and boost control (2nd hand obviously:whip: )

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
great figures!! is that on the stock tubby though?
Yes, standard turbo at 0.85bar. Richard said it seems like a strong engine, which is always good to hear of course. He said it's odd but some engines seem happy to make power, some seem to struggle for no apparent reason. Maybe just down to what sort of life they've had in Japan, have they been serviced regularly, are they warmed up and shut down properly on the Turbo timer etc.
I must admit I always warm mine up religiously, don't pull out of the drive 'til it's been running for a good 2-3 mins, then off boost until it's fully warm. I know some people say with modern materials and oils you should be able to drive fully as soon as you've started it, which I can sort of see, but I just can't bring myself to do it, not with my baby! :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts