Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
9,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With damage to it.... FFS!

It wasn't her fault of course, she just parked it at the gym and some scrote-bag has pulled into the space next to her and hit the rear bumper.

The Dishonest **** has pulled out of the spot and either driven off and not gone to the gym, or has parked somewhere else.

My GF's not the quickest of thinkers when it comes to things like this, I'd of been checking the white cars in the car park for any silver paint or bumper damage front/rear. That's obviously if the owner actually bothered to train at the gym after hitting another car.

Luckily she was clever enough to park in direct view of the CCTV so asked the front desk to check the footage for the last two hours. So hopefully we will be able to see the car & owner of the second vehicle.... which makes finding them and relieving them of some money a lot easier.

The first day I let her use the car as we have dropped hers at the bodyshop for someone doing the exact same thing.... WTFFFFFF ! ! ! :spank::spank::spank::spank:

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Ouch, some fook wit did the same to mine, hope you catch up with them mate

·
Registered
670 Posts
Think I feel more sorry for annie than you I can imagine your reaction! loool. Hope you find out who it was an get it sorted mate

·
Registered
374 Posts
Bloody tossers, at least have the decency to own up to it:spank: however there is this brilliant thing in the world called karma!:)

·
Seasoned Member
9,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ouch, some fook wit did the same to mine, hope you catch up with them mate
I'm going in tomorrow to study the CCTV footage, they will be found, and they will be paying in money or blood.... the choice is there's!

Think I feel more sorry for annie than you I can imagine your reaction! loool. Hope you find out who it was an get it sorted mate
LOL She was bricking it, I just said it's not your fault.... you parked it and went into the gym, you are not responsible for the tosser that's done it...... She was very surprised ;)

Lol, bet she was outside the house for half hour thinking of the best way to tell you lol:-D
She called me as well before she left the gym..... and she was all happy, that turned around very quickly when she walked out to the damage lol

Bloody tossers, at least have the decency to own up to it:spank: however there is this brilliant thing in the world called karma!:)
Yeah, I'm lucky they only scraped and cracked the rear bumper and not the rear quarter and spats. It's an easy fix, but is just bloody typical with the fact it's up for sale. Oh well, looks like the front and rear bumpers are going to get sorted now though lol :) So paintwork will be gleaming when it's back for sale lol

·
Bounty Hunter
6,173 Posts
Am I just being thick, or is there nothing you can do if the damage has been done in a car park and the person has driven off? I always thought the cars are left at owners risk when parked at these sorts of places? I may be wrong though....?

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Am I just being thick, or is there nothing you can do if the damage has been done in a car park and the person has driven off? I always thought the cars are left at owners risk when parked at these sorts of places? I may be wrong though....?
I think car left at owners risk is put up, so as the owners of the land/establishment, can not be made accountable for any damage caused. Anyone shown causing damage to another persons car can be made accountable. That is my understanding..........

·
Seasoned Member
9,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think car left at owners risk is put up, so as the owners of the land/establishment, can not be made accountable for any damage caused. Anyone shown causing damage to another persons car can be made accountable. That is my understanding..........
Yup and if you have the CCTV footage of said damage it may not be admissible as evidence to the insurance company if the driver denies it.

However, if you go straight to the authorities with their registration it becomes a criminal matter, as it IS illegal to leave the scene of a R.T.I if you are an involved party! :)

·
I fix problems the A team can't handle
96 Posts
Really hate this sort of crap. If you make a mistake man up, apologise and pay for it. If you can't afford to pay thats what insurance is for.
Anyway good luck with finding them.

·
Seasoned Member
9,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So went in yesterday to be told by one of the maintenance guys, that the camera pointing directly into the are where my car was parked is not working properly, and an engineer is coming out today "Thursday".

I said, that doesn't matter really there are enough camera's around to see a car that's entered the car park at that time, and then left 2 minutes later with damage. I kind of get the feeling, it might be an employee or a friend they are trying to protect!

But we shall see Saturday, and if they try and fob me off again.... the **** will hit the fan!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hope you manage to find out who did it and report them for leaving the scene of an accident etc!

Friend of mine was sideswiped by someone a few days ago who randomly decided to change lanes coming up to a roundabout. They just drove off and didn't stop at all. Left her with missing wingmirror, bent front wing, damaged bonnet/bumper and popped the tyre as she got pushed to the side across a kerb.
Happened so fast my friend didn't manage to catch much of a glimpse of the car which did it and the couple of people who did stop to check she was ok hadn't manage to get any details either.

Dunno why people find it so hard to own up and pay up for their own mistakes.
I have accidentally caused damage to peoples cars before and always either found them to tell them or left a note with my details.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Typical you have a nice car and some asshole tries to ruin it,i feel you anger,your gf must have been gutted as it happened when she used it,poor lass!!

·
Seasoned Member
9,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, to be fair the damage is not that bad, it really is superficial a small crack and just paint scrapes. Didn't make it to the gym to find out if they had the footage over the weekend, so heading in at lunch today.

I will take a picture of it to show the damage, I will do a before and after cleaning lol

I need to clean the car, it's a bit dirty at the minute as it's been used as a daily for a few weeks now.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts