Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there peeps well I bought an R32 4 door a couple of weeks ago, bought it with a knackered engine, it was the 2 litre non-turbo automatic when I got it. I'm now in the process of converting it to a single turbo with a manual gearbox :) first of all I had trouble getting the engine and box in properly! Turns out that the mounting position for the gearbox is an inch and a half difference!! Baffled me for a while til I sussed it out! :) But now ive managed to get the engine and box in the car after fabricating my own mounting, just need to swap the ends of the propshafts over now because they're different too, ones shorter than the other! So I'm hoping that by tomorow i'll have it all done, the running gear side too it that is. Then once ive done that I'm gonna then get on with changing the suspension over to coilovers, there's the exhaust to change too, ive got a full Fujitsubo s/steel one that am gonna throw on it, not too loud but not so quiet either!:)
Not sure whether I'm gonna change the colour of the car from white, was thinking of something like canary yellow. Gotta change all the braking system on it too, cause at the mo its still on the four stud hubs and it really wants to be on the five stud ones.
Heres a few pics of the progress ive made so far, this is the car when I first got it in the garage:

Then got the engine out:

And the gearbox:

Then removed the engine and gearbox from the donor car:

And onto putting it into the 4 door:

This is the OS Giken exhaust thats going on it:

Changing the pedals set up:

Well its been a couple of weeks now and shes all done and on the road, 12months mot on her and 6 months tax, just so I can take her out for a run legally as she gets built into a drifty :)
Few pics of the finished product, next thing is to get a nice kit on her and then either shove a 25 or a 26 in her for the drifting!

Well got a bit more done to my car today, whipped the rear subframe off so I can put the Gtr running gear on it :) and plus with it originally being a non-turbo skyline it did'nt have the silly hicas set up on it, so ive kept the original subframe and just swapped everything over onto it, or should say am in the process of doing it. And as for the bodykit they only seem to do the Uras type one which Im not that fond of! So am gonna get Replikit to make me a one off :)
Here's the subframe being taken off the four door:

And then removed from the car:

Then started swapping parts:

I'll keep the thread updated on progress :)

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
looks like a fun project....

·
Seasoned Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
4 door continued....

Well just a quick update on how things are going with my 4 door skyline. I don't know how to add this to the previous thread ive done on this so thats why ive done it this way:)
I got the engine and gearbox conversion done a few weeks ago now and ive mot'd and taxed the car so I can use it legally on the road while Im still doing it. Ive recently swapped quite a few things on the car like the front end running gear is all gtr now :) and I wanted five studs rather than four studs, easier to get the wheels. Just gotta change all the rear running gear next, fitted a fmic and pipework, which I ended up having to fabricate it myself! The cars quicker now on the top end but not so on the acceleration :( but hopefully this will get sorted when ive put new fuel pump, plugs, coilpacks etc. Here's a few pics of the car now:

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
threads merged mate :)

·
Seasoned Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers Speedreeper for merging em together pal and yes Wardy spoke with ep racing about a kit mate so its looking like i'll be going with the uras style one as apparantly there the only ones that do em for the 4 doors :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.