Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1st RB20DET S13 in UK
389 Posts
Its a good looking piece of kit mate...

Im thinking about getting a 6boost mani for mine soon, and yours looks to be of a similar type of design.

Its certainly one of the nicest ive seen available for the RB20's.
Nice swap too mate, are you using the ECCS management or the NICS?

·
1st RB20DET S13 in UK
389 Posts
Hey, you changed the pic in the first post... lol
looks pretty stunning actually, is it a cast or steel mani?

So is that the NICS type RB20 or R32 type with old style cam covers on?

-EDIT - never mind the NICS oe ECCS questions... just looked a bit harder and saw it was the older version.

Looks great tho.:smoker:

·
Likes bananas
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi mate. Actually that's my car on the left <-------- a facelift '33 with a pissing water leak as of earlier today. (was sure I'd be "spotted" beng towed by the AA....)

The '31 belongs to my friend Si and the excuse I use for buying mine "I love my mate's one". (funnily enough another friend wants one now after driving mine......). He bought it almost directly from Nissan Motorsport Europe (not called Nismo at the time) and is/was a parts car that was never used. He bought it in 1990 and it had been used as a loaner for the race team who obviously thrashed the nuts off it, and some famous driver whose name escapes me was responsible for putting it into a hedge. But in the process of all this thrashing, the head gasket had failed and for whatever reason the head had been skimmed far too far. Si discovered that he'd been running on the knock sensor when he tried running octane booster. Blamo. He did the gasket once and blew it up again (I've seen the piston in question!) so bought a donor engine from a '32 GTS4 from Middlehust. He made the sump himself (bit of a keen welder) and refuses to wind the boost up over 12psi - and it's thoroughly violent at that! He interchanged as much as possible from the original engine including cams, intake manifold, exhaust manifold and yes, the red rocker covers just to keep it authentic :)

The car came with the entire Nissan motorsport book including diagrams for prepping the car for racing, including the exhausts coming out the side and rafts of hand-drawn diagrams. It also came on crappy wheels with the brakes in the boot and instructions for fitting them when you buy decent wheels! This is why you never see two GTS-Rs with the same wheels. Okay, you'd be lucky to see one given they only made 200.

Si has promised faithfully to attend some meets esp now I've got mine.

·
1st RB20DET S13 in UK
389 Posts
Sounds like a nice piece of Nissan Motoring history right there.:smoker:

Gotta be quite a noise comin' from it with the side exit exhaust system too!

I hope your motors ok too mate, sad thing it would be to see a Skyline being towed... hope you get it fixed ok.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts