·
JPOC OWNER
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just droped jo off at work and went to the petrol station to get some fags
ang this girl (rocker chick about 24 ish) had the cheek to say to me

is that your car???

yeh why???

ARN'T YOU A BIT OLD FOR A CAR LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
(as you know me i bite very hard )

what do you mean too old!! IM ONLY 27!!!!!

what's it ment to be?

it's a [email protected] SKYLINE (durrrr)

oh right................what's one of those then
(oh god one of those)

it comes like that from japan with a 2.5 single turbo and top's out at abot 175mph
with about 280 bhp at the back wheels

and all she could say was [email protected]!!!

and enjoy your ***'s

SO HOW OLD IS TOO OLD TO OWN A FAST(ish) CAR THEN

RANT OVER

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Wait 'till you get to your forties,and people at work think you're going through a midlife crisis:shakehead: I just explain to them i've always had fast cars,so when did my crisis start?I'm not giving up my car just to conform to somebodys perception of normal!!:uy:

·
erm,when will I be cool?
1,202 Posts
Yay for the over 40s --- I am 46 and have mostly had something with some meat in the engine dept right from my three litre GXL Capri when I was 20. Had to sell it to get first house deposit. grrrr.....
Did the Renaultsport thing - that was nice, although French cars have a reputation of being shall we say not too good.
Camaro, Mustang, and for 10 years I did a bit of 'road testing' for a newspaper and drove all sorts of fun cars - rubbish ones too.
So as mentioned above, when did I get too old for something nice.
It sounds like you won her over, or at least educated her.
Maybe she fancied you, and this was the fastest way she could think of to break the ice, and just fumbled it a little.
Go back and have a chat.
Quit smoking though - it'll kill ya

·
formerly known as mruk
3,942 Posts
Crazy Cow!!! :screwy:i'll never get that at least,:eek: :eek: i got ID'd for some fags when i was 23, i'm knocking on the door of 27 now and i don't think i'm too old for the damn skyline.. you're never to old for it unles you drive like a grandad then theres no point having it

·
Registered
879 Posts
you cant win! You have to wait until your nearly 30 to get decent insurance, then you get told your too old? :confused: :screwy:

get yourself a spikey boy band haircut and they will probably leave you alone :grinno:

·
Registered
528 Posts
It is even worse for us women - I have a Skyline and a Supra and at 47 my friends all think I have regressed and am having my teenage years all over again, they think I should grow up and get a Volvo or something. But hey! I enjoy my life :)

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I'm 40 in 1 month and 3 days!!!!!!!!!!! MID LIFE CRISIS!!!...
1) yeah
2) and
3) so
4) what!!!
The older you get the less you care!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Sounds to me like she was dissing you. Her bloke probably owns a scooby.

Made me think though, next time I see a middle-aged bloke in a M5 I might just use the same line!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts