Skyline Owners Forum banner
61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Assassino
5,924 Posts
stu my steering goes heavy if i go above 60mph and stays like that until i turn car of then its fine again, if i stay below that speed i don't have an issue any idea's what it could be? also if i put on a bycas kit will my steering go heavy?

cheers

·
Registered
932 Posts
i have a s14 rack on its way, i may try unplugging it or supplying it with 12 volts to see if it makes any difference, i want it gone stoopid valve arghhhhh, not sure the valve unscrews mayb i could grind it off and weld it back up :p
coops

·
USER ABUSER
205 Posts
just to add if you ditch the whole system and fit a non hicas rack ie 200sx as there the same would this remady the non pas problem people ar having? because surley if you use tsandard pump and 200sx rack itll have same pas as a 200sx?

·
Registered
84 Posts
does anyne have or know how to completly remove the hicas. i have unpluged all the ecu things under the parcel shelf and pulled all the wires back but i would like to chop them all out if i can but not sure what to cut. can i cut all the wires from the back ot the car except the fuel and rear lights wires.

any help on this would be good.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i was thinking that because i have upluged all the hicas ecu and the car still starts, that i would be able to cut all the wire that go that big plug. i just dont have the balls yet to get busy with the snips incase i am wrong and the car never drives again. i cant find a wiring diagram of the hicas ecu so i am a little scared to just do it and find out the hard way i was wrong to do it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well I grew a pair of balls and chopped the whole hicas ecu loom out. Yeah my steering went heavy but I just re wired that so happy days at this stage. Just see how it is on test drive

·
Registered
84 Posts
How does that relate to vehicle speed and varying the power assistance to the steering?
This is my take on things and can only comment on my own experiances and by no means am i a mechanic / auto sparky or anything and please correct me if i am wrong

the car has a two stage power assist so when driving around town the steering is lite, when you go over i think it 80km the steering becomes heavier for better handling and also has a angle sensor on the steering colum to tell the hicas how much it needs to turn at what speed.

i removed all the wiring and pulled it right back down the loom from the back of the car, the took the wire snips out and let them have it (with a large gulp). steeing went heavy as the speed sensors are now working so i sent a live wire to the steering rack and steering became lite again and will now stay lite all the time as there is no speed sensor attached which i can live with that as this is mainly a drift car

I have yet to drive the car so cant comment on the handling part but could only imagine that it will be cool to drift with no hicas, i have drifted the car for the last 4 years with it on and working so we will see if it was worth all the effort.

P.s bye bye wiring

Attachments

61 - 80 of 112 Posts