Skyline Owners Forum banner
81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Highland/North Scotland Area Rep
4,160 Posts
Hicas light started to come on yesterday just done a test on it and came up with error of 23 steering angle sensor in neutral or not present anyone any ideas on this of how to fix it??? Or if it will cause me problems??? Cheers for any advice !!!

·
4,160 Posts
ThAts the plan now I think , taken the steering wheel horn off and found I pile of plastic bits from the horn plate so removed the bits put it back together and all was fine until a few miles later the light came back on again bugger ... Steering feels fine thou where is the sensor ?? Is it just under the horn or under the steering wheel it's self?? Anyone got a sensor going or where can I get one cheers!!

·
4,160 Posts
Cheers didn't see that pic now I know what it looks like makes things easier cars driving fine with light on thou so will just get one when I can

·
Premium Member
12,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Yeah, it probably won't make much difference at low speeds since it's nothing to do with the power steering, it's only used when the hicas wants to kick in, which is at higher speeds. All it'll do for now is keep the rear wheels straight instead of them turning, because it can't tell which direction you're going and how much steering angle you're using.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My hicas light comes on after about 4 miles and i to tried the diagnostic steering wheel brake pedal trick and nothing happened,
was thinking i could also have a faulty steering column sensor,
also the back end feels a little wondery sometimes on bumpy roads,
could this be the hicas or just down to the fact that ive got 285's on the rear ?

·
Premium Member
12,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Your 285's definitely won't be helping handling on the back end. When you try to do the diagnostic, is the hicas light already on? If so, that's why you can't do it, the light needs to be off. It's an ingenious Nissan feature that you can only do a diagnostic when it's working. You can still do it using a consult cable though if you have one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
yeah the lights of when i try it, a consult cable could be the way forward for me, there pretty cheap of ebay so i think i might invest.
Must say this thread awesome im keeping an eye on it and as soon as the power steering issue is solved from bypassing the hicas i think thats what ill be doing.
I quite like the idea of the hicas making the car more nimble as i was a mk2 crx owner and i do miss the go kart feel a little,
but i just don't trust anything electronic to steer my rear wheels.

·
seasoned member
1,918 Posts
yeah the lights of when i try it, a consult cable could be the way forward for me, there pretty cheap of ebay so i think i might invest.
Must say this thread awesome im keeping an eye on it and as soon as the power steering issue is solved from bypassing the hicas i think thats what ill be doing.
I quite like the idea of the hicas making the car more nimble as i was a mk2 crx owner and i do miss the go kart feel a little,
but i just don't trust anything electronic to steer my rear wheels.
I have 2 if you wanna buy one off me black or grey your choice.

81 - 100 of 112 Posts