Skyline Owners Forum banner
101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I tend to use ecutalk since it's easy to use and can datalog whatever sensors you want it to. And it's free. :)
cool.

Hopefully ive sorted the hicas light,
but as ive got my coilpacks out at the moment (and am after a coil pack loom if anybody has one spare) ive not been able to test it yet,
but when i removed the steering wheel then took out the 4 screws holding the sensor on , i discovered the metal sensor disc thing had became unclipped from the plastic housing,
so i just re-clipped it and fingers crossed this will sort it

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts
Skimmed through this thread - lot of info - I have a Cusco HICAS eliminator kit - if I fit this I guess I can remove a lot of the existing HICAS kit - bars and HICAS unit and save weight but guess I will need to sort the electronics still - so a TOMEI hicas kit?

·
7,524 Posts
I've not tried it personally mate, but it might be a good place to start. Either that or fit an s14 front rack and do away with the hicas system entirely.
Got a Tomei HICAS kit and found a wirin diagram for the R33 GTST so will see how that goes

·
7,524 Posts
Let me know how you get on mate, as with the Tomei kit you normally leave everything in place. It's possible you may have to find a way to trick it into thinking the motor and sensors are still there.
thats my quandary - just do the Tomei Kit and leave everything in place or do both and see if it works - will update this thread for you mate

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I have an r32 gtst I have taken out all the hicas components except for the wiring portions, I have an s14 complete rear subframe and s15 steering with with an SR power steering pump. However I have no power steering. Is there something electronically putting resistance on the steering column?

101 - 112 of 112 Posts