Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for now anyhow :)

Decided to get these Cosworth heads and some HKS cams fitted. What sort of gains does the RB26 get with big ported heads and high lift cams baring in mind i have a TT setup ??

Cosworth CNC ported cylinder heads feature dyno tested and flow bench
proven ports, engineered for maximum usable power. Each new cylinder head is ported on a 5 axis machine to ensure consistency and perfect port shape every time. Additionally, larger intake (+1mm) and exhaust valves (+1mm) are utilized to help increase flow. Cosworth CNC ported Big Valve cylinder heads come complete with a performance valve job, hi rev (max 10,500rpm) valve springs with titanium retainers and are ready to install. Perfect for high performance applications and designed for excellent torque and turbo response.These heads are compatible for both versions of the VQ35DE including the "Rev up" version.

CNC Ported/Machine finished port
Intake 19% (max) increased flow
Exhaust 22% (max) increased flow
4-angle Inlet Valve job
3-angle & radius Exhaust Valve job
Back-Cut Inlet Valves
Heads are Ultra Sonic cleaned prior to assembly
Heads are Serialized and sport a machined Cosworth logo
+1mm Stainless Steel Intake Valves (1800 degrees max.)
+1mm Inconel Exhaust Valves (2400 degrees max.)
Performance Valve Springs
Titanium Retainers
Hardened Steel Spring Platforms
Knife edged port divider
Combustion chamber volume 58.5cc (OE approx 56 cc)

HKS, the leader in Premium Driving Performance products, introduces camshafts for the 2003-2006 Nissan 350Z and Infiniti G35C non rev-up VQ35DE Engine. Through extensive research and testing, HKS engineers developed an all-new camshaft set to work seamlessly with the variable valve timing found in the Nissan and Infiniti VQ35DE power plant. The new camshaft set features 264° of duration and 10.5mm of lift on the intake camshaft and 264° duration and 10.2mm of lift on the exhaust camshaft. With proper tuning, an improved power output can be seen at higher rpm ranges. Both intake and exhaust camshafts are compatible with the factory VQ35DE (non rev-up) valve train.

·
Seasoned Member
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have to much money Tom:crazy:
Na mate, wifes full time nurse, kids are pretty much off hand now, dont drink or smoke and have learnt to steer clear of the bookies for over 3 years now :bigthumb:

·
Seasoned Member
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great mate. Bet you cant wait till you jump in after its all fitted...... :)
Havn't had her since January and nice sunny days like today are killing me. Took the dogs for a walk along southend seafront this morning and see loads of quality cars around. :(

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Was a bit confused looking at these heads thinking that one of the two was ment to fit a rb26 :crazy:

However i think they are for a 350z? And yours is twin turboed also?

Did they make these cars with turbos? i thought they was n/a only?

I have never really looked at the 350 so am clueless as to what they have.

Fancy filling me in here, also if you have turboed yourself do you have a build thread? What sort of power you making?

Are they manual? 4 wheel drive like a gtr?

Edit- just seen 350gt in your profile, didnt know there was such a car!

Sorry for all the questions!

·
Seasoned Member
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yr find more bhp increase at higher revs whereas usually it drops off, and more torque.

Oh and the FINAL piece in the jigsaw is..........ME DRIVING!!!!:eek::D

you know it makes sense tom:bigthumb:
Told you before , your welcome down the quarter mile but on the track sideways :nono:

·
Seasoned Member
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One does expect a ride in this beast sometime soon mate :)
No worries, just ask. Im always asking for rides in other peoples cars. Im going to do as many shows as possible this year including going to Germany so will see you around.

·
Seasoned Member
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is it ur car at tdi i saw the other day? in white with no engine in.
Yes mate, the engine is in their workshop ready for the install. Also had to send the Haltech ecu back to Australia to have it upgraded. TDI have done all the work on the car apart from the bottom end which they sent to Cosworth to be built. Cosworth are really getting into the VQ engine, they have made a VQ which puts out 440 rwhp N/A which is pretty impressive.

Why was you at TDI are you having some work done ?

·
Seasoned Member
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Was a bit confused looking at these heads thinking that one of the two was ment to fit a rb26 :crazy:

However i think they are for a 350z? And yours is twin turboed also?

Did they make these cars with turbos? i thought they was n/a only?

I have never really looked at the 350 so am clueless as to what they have.

Fancy filling me in here, also if you have turboed yourself do you have a build thread? What sort of power you making?

Are they manual? 4 wheel drive like a gtr?

Edit- just seen 350gt in your profile, didnt know there was such a car!

Sorry for all the questions!

The first VQ engine to come stock with the twin turbo is the new GTR all others ie; 350z and 350gt are N/A although most companies now offer either a supercharge kit, single or twin turbo kit . I went with the APS TT kit then upgraded it to the extreme version to get the power levels i wanted.

There is a four wheel drive version of the car but it is a four door saloon.

At the moment she is at 498 rwhp but im expecting more when the heads and cams are installed.

I havn't done a proper build thread but i have these pictures if that helps. (not sure if this is the right place to put it, mods can move if it isn't)

These are what the engine was like before the work started.

This is after TDI and Cosworth had done their stuff

Some of the Cosworth components

The APS TT kit (includes everything needed)

Nismo Oil pump

Carbonetics triple plate clutch

APS extreme exhaust and down pipes

Haltech platinum engine management system

couple of pics

·
Stage 1 R32 GTR
356 Posts
man that thing is going to be sweeeet when its all done,

some engine bay pics will be needed when all in!!!

nice one

Jim

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Looks very nice, thanks for the info.

Your Mrs is a bit of a dog tho! LOL (last pic) :alco:

its a shame 4 wheel drive is only in 4 door version. Would help to put the power down. Very nice motor tho mate.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts