Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ed
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know this is a bit of bone of contention with some members as some are for and some are against the idea of graphics.

Personally I think that to have or not to have should be a purely personal choice and I don't think either having or not having is right or wrong.
I like graphics but am also aware that there are certain unwritten rules on the whys and wherefores. Namely:

• If you're not driving a full on Drift car, don't have drift style graphics?
    If you're advertising a web site or club graphics are okay?
    If your graphics are not relevant, don't bother?
    Graphics just for the sake of Graphics are pointless?
I'm not saying these ARE the rules, I'm ASKING if they ARE the rules. :)

I'm think of going for it big time to advertise my site and podcasts, as IMHO it's got to be all or nothing with Graphics. I'm talking original n unique here, not something out of a catalogue.

What say you guys?

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Spot on Ed.

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts
I'm going all out SO.com and hoping to hide some .......smudge marks at the same time.
I was dead against them to begin with but seeing quite a few nice drift cars with them on made me change my mind.

·
Ed
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spot on Ed.
Right then! Balls Out Graphics it is ..er not literally lol

Gonna use that SJSDesigns guy who was on the Maragoni Stand at Fast Show, he seems pretty good, the R34 he was doing was bit OTT for me, but he seemed to know what he was doing.

·
Ed
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going all out SO.com and hoping to hide some .......smudge marks at the same time.
I was dead against them to begin with but seeing quite a few nice drift cars with them on made me change my mind.
Yeah, but if your not a Drifter.......I dunno, maybe it doesn't really matter does it, if it's your car do whatever you like that's what I say :)

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I do feel it only suits Drift/track/rally cars, i.e cars that are used and abused.

Otherwise most cars look better nice and clean.

·
Ed
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do feel it only suits Drift/track/rally cars, i.e cars that are used and abused.

Otherwise most cars look better nice and clean.
Agreed, ... BUT, where do you draw the line? My Skyline is a daily driver, but given half a chance I'll boot it to hell on the drag strip/circuit every weekend, so is it "used and abused" or not? Toughie eh? Plus I'm using it as a form of advertising too. There is a guy near me who fettles with Evo's and his daily driver evo is plastered, never seen him on a track anywhere....

·
ONIT LIKE A CAR BONNET
3,482 Posts
As ive said before if you getting something for having stickers on the car everyones a winner
i.e
1)tuners name on car for cut rate labour

2)site's name on you car as the we all get help on here and its the best place to be so advertising is the least we can do

3)traiders name on car for cheap cut rate price parts

what dont make sence is paying top dollar for parts then paying even more money for stickers to advertise over price parts or advertising parts you dont even use

·
Ed
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a good way of looking at it mate, and that's the direction I'm going in, BTW, I only have a tiny SO.com sticker, where can I get bigger ones from??

Cheers

As ive said before if you getting something for having stickers on the car everyones a winner
i.e
1)tuners name on car for cut rate labour

2)site's name on you car as the we all get help on here and its the best place to be so advertising is the least we can do

3)traiders name on car for cheap cut rate price parts

what dont make sence is paying top dollar for parts then paying even more money for stickers to advertise over price parts or advertising parts you dont even use

1 - 11 of 11 Posts