Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up a replacement for my Spec 1 GTST which was written off in August.

Thanks to Dan at A-Plan my, no-fault claim, was dealt with reasonably quickly and pretty painlessly, apart from the loss of my ATec Ultralight wheels and some other goodies that I couldn't get off the car, :Uzi:

First saw this one on Pistonheads and went to view it last weekend. Despite it being rather tatty I thought the trade-off on what has been spent on the engine more than made up for what will need doing to tidy it up so I returned to Balloch in Scotland on Sunday and bought it for £2800. Had a massive smile on my face the whole 240 odd mile drive back home inspite of the weather. :dogpile:

I'll try to keep this thread updated as I get things done but it will be a fairly long process.

So this is how she stands at the moment:

EBC Front discs and pads.

Apexi AVCR and FC Commander.

And now the bad bits. :spank:

Spec list is:

HKS GT2835 turbo
Blitz air intake system
Blitz Nur Spec exhaust
Apexi PowerFC system and FC commander
Apexi AVC-R actuator valve controller
Front mount intercooler system
New 550cc injectors
Walbro fuel pump
Exedy uprated Clutch
EBC Front discs and pads
17' Wheels
GTR rear wing and sideskirts
Toad AI606 car alarm

I don't know anything about the AVCR or Power FC systems yet but apparently it's got maps from .7 to 1bar and is running approx 400bhp. I don't know if it is actually running at 400bhp but it certainly feels quicker than my old one which was dyno'd at 296bhp.

Plans for it are mainly cosmetic; getting the rust sorted; getting a new driver's seat; new gaiters for the gear stick and handbrake; getting new 18" wheels; getting it undersealed; etc.

I'd also appreciate feedback from anyone who knows the history of the car if possible. :cheers:

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts
great news :D

and with those engine mods a good price as well - should be seeing close to 400bhp with those mods - I'd get it dyno'd to check its running ok and at what boost :bigthumb:

·
4,870 Posts
You hid your smile well on the noisest drive home :p,

Well i never saw your old one but am sure you will get her on top form soon :)

·
Registered
751 Posts
mate those rear arches need some serious attention, dont put off sorting it as ive just gone through the process of a complete reshell as rust was cropping up everwhere on the car and it was more economical than paying someone to weld and patch it.

looking forward to seeing how ya get on with her, subscribed to this thread!!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
great news :D

and with those engine mods a good price as well - should be seeing close to 400bhp with those mods - I'd get it dyno'd to check its running ok and at what boost :bigthumb:
Thanks Paul. As soon as I get the rusty bits sorted I'll get it dyno'd and checked out. Might need to get it re-mapped anyway as I'm considering changing the decat for a sports cat; for the peace of mind at MOT time and for the sake of my ear drums as the exhaust is stupidly loud!

Hopefully I'll be along to some more meetings now. :)

·
Assassino
5,924 Posts
congrats on the purchase mate if the car is running ok spend the cash on the bodywork asap as you dont want that getting worse

good luck

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mate those rear arches need some serious attention, dont put off sorting it as ive just gone through the process of a complete reshell as rust was cropping up everwhere on the car and it was more economical than paying someone to weld and patch it.

looking forward to seeing how ya get on with her, subscribed to this thread!!!
I'm going to get to some body shops asap and see what they recommend and what prices they quote. Hopefully once the arches and other minor bits are sorted that'll be the end of the tin-worm. Can't understand why someone would spend a small fortune on performance mods and not pay a relatively small amount on underseal! Especially living in Scotland. :spank:

:cheers:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
congrats on the purchase mate if the car is running ok spend the cash on the bodywork asap as you dont want that getting worse

good luck
:cheers:

It seems to be running ok. Never missed a beat on the drive home, although bits could have dropped off all over the place and I wouldn't have heard a thing because of the exhaust! :Uzi:

Going to take it to a few places and get some quotes asap.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Managed to get a few bits done today.

First thing I did was fit my Front Strut Brace (rescued from my old car).

Then I took the bonnet stay off, treated it with Kurust and sprayed it up.

Then I stripped the boot out, treated some rust patches and painted it up with some silver hammerite.

Next job was to replace the faulty head unit.

So off came the dash surround and out came the old unit and din pocket.

It was then I realised that I'd forgotten to take out the harness adapter when I took the unit out of my old car! :Uzi: So I reassembled the dash and paid a visit to my local Motorworld. I picked up some new wiper blades while I was there too.

Need to get a harness adapter for the dvd unit as I forgot to take that out too! :spank:

I also replaced a blown fuse for the cigarette lighter socket. Cleaned up the interior and gave her a wash. The first one in long time judging by the crap that came off!

Going to do some more jobs this weekend after I've got some prices for getting the rusty arches fixed.

And finally!

:dogpile:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Would not have thought your spec 1 would have been to hard to fix going by that pic mate. If you had lots of bits on it you could have bought it back off the insurance?? Glad it all worked out :D
The insurance assesor had other ideas unfortunately and they wrote it off as a Cat B. :Uzi: Got a letter one Friday saying the car was being taken away from the garage where it was and put into storage pending being sold for salvage on the Monday! I had to get to the garage at opening time to get some items out of the car before it was taken, hence why I forgot things like wiring harnesses as it was a mad rush. :spank:

Would have loved to have kept my old wheels. Still, you live and learn I guess.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts