Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

^--This is how my car looked when I first got it, take note of the 'MING-BLING' alloys..

I was about ready to sell these wheels...

But..

Due to being low on funds to complete my Hub-Conversion..

I decided to paint said : 'Ming-Bling' alloys 'Matt-Black' ...and really like the look of them now.. They are very different ..But their new look is growing on me.

The car is far from completed.. But what do you make of my progress with her so far ? - Martin.

·
Highland/North Scotland Area Rep
4,160 Posts
So much better with decals off it and wings and bonnet, and the wheels being black takes your focus off them so that's good too.

Did you remove the door hinge kit too?? Good !!! :D

·
NORTHERN IRELAND AREA REP
8,652 Posts
Agreed bonnet raisers look very bleak on a road car.
Get her all the one colour, you get welding sorted?

·
North highlands area rep
7,857 Posts
Looks a lot better than before get the bonnet sprayed and take off the lifters and some new wheels as the ones you have look like manhole covers

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks better now the stupid decals are gone lol
Yeah the decals were truly shite lol.. I am contemplating have a large font "SKYLINEOWNERS.COM" sticker along the rearr panals under the quart windows...but thats all no F&F stickers though ;) - Martin.

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So much better with decals off it and wings and bonnet, and the wheels being black takes your focus off them so that's good too.

Did you remove the door hinge kit too?? Good !!! :D
Yeah ;) I sold the Lambo-Door Hinge/s another skyline owner - (David SkylineBird) wanted them.. and I prefer normal opening doors on my R33 (more practical..and looks better imo) ;) - Martin.

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll get shot of the bonnet .. And why lift it ? Not as if you got a turbo and want to improve air flow
But much better than before
The bonnet is only a temporary measure until I can afford a genuine Carbon Fiber one that's exactly the same..

The reason I have the bonnet on spacers/raisers is because the bonnet is a factory 2nd/reject (pulls up on one side when its fitted without raisers) ..

So I added the raisers and it makes the problem alot less obvious :)

When I get the genuine carbon bonnet I'll loose the spacers..but until then - I'am not to fussed.. - Martin.

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agreed bonnet raisers look very bleak on a road car.
Get her all the one colour, you get welding sorted?
Yeah, as said the bonnet is just a temp. measure until I can afford a Carbon Fiber one. Yeah a spray job is defo needed...but wanna get a 'Do-Luck' rear bumper 1st..

Strut tops are at the very top of the list of things to address next ;) - Martin.

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks a lot better than before get the bonnet sprayed and take off the lifters and some new wheels as the ones you have look like manhole covers

Yeah the Vaults aren't my wheel of choice, but have to say they do look better matt-black rather than in 'chrome' ..

Ideally I'll be getting some GTR Rota D wheels...But may get them when I get my GTST later on down the line.. - Martin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts