Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All

Right, I get up Friday morning go outside and see a black wire poking out the front of my Bumper. Straight away I knew what had happened. Some thieving little :swear: has nicked my front indicators and fog lights.

FFS they are only £50 new! 2nd worse thing is I heard them doing it but didn't look as I wrongly assumed it was someone getting dropped off home and making a bit of noise. Me ma heard them aswell but wrongly assumed the same.

This is the third time someone has interfered with my car, 1st time they tried nicking the whole lot but could't break the locks(cost £200 to get sorted out) 2nd time they tried nicking the clear side indicators(all £15 worth) but broke the clip getting it off so just left it hanging there. The worse thing though is instead of unclipping the lights from the wire to the fog lights, they cut the sodding thing.

It is so lucky for us all I didn't catch them, pieces of [email protected] like them arn't worth spitting on let alone going to prison for.

Needed to get off my chest as it's really pissed me off!!

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate, and im afraid there is nothing you can do about it.

If you kick the **** out of them you will be in trouble not them.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Sorry to hear that... I'd say kick the **** of them if you find who they are, the only way these people understand.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys. Yeah you're all right, if you touch them you're in trouble with the law. No point confronting them peacefully as they would of had at least a screwdriver on them needed to take the fogs off. What do you do? I'd love to get hold of them in an ideal world where law favours the true victims but it doesn't! Like Roba says we've all been victims in some way or another. There's a thread in this section about people hitting your car and driving off. Something which has also happened to my VR6. Begining to think it's a bad luck charm.......

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thing is, you cant even take a picture of them with a real camera and not the 0.3 megapixel CCTV cameras that only every work when its to issue traffic tickets.

You take a photo of a chav stealing parts of your car and its either not submissible as evidence or in violation of their privacy and you get done for that too.

You call the cops and they turn up 3 hours later cos its a non-violent crime and then they just tell you there's nothing they can do and wont even bother fingerprinting your car cos its a waste of police resources even though the twats probably have thier prints on file 100 times for other stuff so could easily be found that way.

Reminds me of that internet story about the guy that calls the cops when he sees someone breaking into his shed and they say there arent any police available and to just lock the doors and stay inside. He calls back 2 mins later and tells them not to rush as he's gone out and shot them now. 3 mins later there's 4 squad cars and a chopper in the air and when they arrive to find the robbery still in progress but no murder they ask the guy "i thought you said you shot them?" to which he replies "and i thought you said there were no police available"

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thing is, you cant even take a picture of them with a real camera and not the 0.3 megapixel CCTV cameras that only every work when its to issue traffic tickets.

You take a photo of a chav stealing parts of your car and its either not submissible as evidence or in violation of their privacy and you get done for that too.

You call the cops and they turn up 3 hours later cos its a non-violent crime and then they just tell you there's nothing they can do and wont even bother fingerprinting your car cos its a waste of police resources even though the twats probably have thier prints on file 100 times for other stuff so could easily be found that way.

Reminds me of that internet story about the guy that calls the cops when he sees someone breaking into his shed and they say there arent any police available and to just lock the doors and stay inside. He calls back 2 mins later and tells them not to rush as he's gone out and shot them now. 3 mins later there's 4 squad cars and a chopper in the air and when they arrive to find the robbery still in progress but no murder they ask the guy "i thought you said you shot them?" to which he replies "and i thought you said there were no police available"

That's brilliant. Unfortunatly it's the only way you'd get the police there in time these days. What every body is saying is right. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

AnthonyMcgrath. Had I seen them mate i'd of been out. When anger comes, Wisdom goes!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts