Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys

I've been a bit silly doing doughtnuts, going sideways etc, and am pretty sure I've messed up my clutch.

Basically I have had a "clutch burning smell", and it wasn't going into any gears! Clutch pedal also got a bit stuck, and now moves up and down, but doesn't feel normal!

My R33 is pretty standard, so a standard clutch will do...

Any advice on exactly what it is, and where I can get a new clutch from? (Providing its defo the clutch), at the best price possible, as am a bit tight on the bank side at the moment!

Thanks
Shipz

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
Worst case scenario - i need a new clutch.

I've been recommended the XTD Stage 3 Clutch....any views?
had one in my r33 and i loved it, only thing is when it was installed i had to adjust the rod on the rear of the clutch pedal as the pedal was stuck to the floor, takes about 5 mins

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TBH my main driving is in town, so don't really need a high performance one, plus i probably wont be able to work on the car for the next few years, so a standard one might be more suitable for me right now for my everyday town driving...

Will the exedy do the trick for standard purposes?

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
TBH my main driving is in town, so don't really need a high performance one, plus i probably wont be able to work on the car for the next few years, so a standard one might be more suitable for me right now for my everyday town driving...

Will the exedy do the trick for standard purposes?
yep will do :cheers:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've spoken to the seller and he seems genuine. He was asking how much power am running etc, to make sure it will be ok for my use etc,and his feedback is also 100% so seems ok I think.

I'll see if he has a seperate website in addition to his ebay site as well.

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
Buy an uprated clutch of RSP... Mine could handle all that was thrown at it
yep mate going all of ten feet in and out your garage must have been a killer :smoker:

·
Registered
345 Posts
i have an exedy stage 1 kit from ebay, i can tell you the friction plate was exedy however the rest of the kit certainly wasnt :uzi: ! :(
Unfortunately i had to fit it as i did the job at work and had to get it off the ramp! Its ok at present but the pedal is lighter than before on the nissan clutch so im pretty sure its not going to last half as long :(. Doesnt bother me overly as i will be punishing it with approx 450hp in the next couple of weeks so it might meet its end quite quick! :rofl:

My advise is to go to RSP or any other reputable trader to ensure you get what you pay for!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i have an exedy stage 1 kit from ebay, i can tell you the friction plate was exedy however the rest of the kit certainly wasnt :uzi: ! :(
Unfortunately i had to fit it as i did the job at work and had to get it off the ramp! Its ok at present but the pedal is lighter than before on the nissan clutch so im pretty sure its not going to last half as long :(. Doesnt bother me overly as i will be punishing it with approx 450hp in the next couple of weeks so it might meet its end quite quick! :rofl:

My advise is to go to RSP or any other reputable trader to ensure you get what you pay for!
How much did you pay for it through ebay, if you dont mind me asking? I've seen this kit by a reputable seller, which seems genuine, but wont know till i get the product.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I paid £289 and the seller is said to be very reputable, very convincing etc but there was only one genuine exedy part in my clutch kit :uzi: ! The ebay member was nationwide clutch distributors uk ltd, i would advise against! Certainly wish i would of gone to rsp for it now :(

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.