Skyline Owners Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts
bladerider said:
Deffo do the not signing trick, Dwight Yorke proved this ruling earlier this year, and also consider the signage issue as you never know, and it doesnt hurt to try.

This does not work, I tried it last month, all they do is send the form back and tell you they they have recorded a no response and they will issue a warrrant for your arrest for failing to repond.. quite put the wind up me as they only sent it back 2 days before the dead line... and I was not willing to take that chance...

if you can hold out to the year end you can try changing your name by d-pole :)

- this is a joke.

Did'nt realise I was associating with so many criminals. So if I reply to you with advice, am I then aiding an offender ? If I am I doubt if they will bother as its easier to stick up a camera to catch true criminals.

AppleJack said:
This does not work, I tried it last month, all they do is send the form back and tell you they they have recorded a no response and they will issue a warrrant for your arrest for failing to repond.. quite put the wind up me as they only sent it back 2 days before the dead line... and I was not willing to take that chance...
Paul, you're wrong. It DOES work.

The letter you received is one of the typical "bluff and bluster" letters the police send out to try and intimidate you into cooperating with their prosecution. Clearly in your case it worked!

There is currently a class-action complaint being raised with the Police Complaints Authority against these letters as they are effectively threatening you into cooperation and may very well be both illegal and constitute a malicious prosecution. See this link for more information: http://www.safespeed.org.uk/bbcomplaint.html

:D

J.

OK now things get interesting for those of you who have ALREADY BEEN PROSECUTED by one of these speed camera thingys.

The Honourable Mr Justice Owen has ruled that the Section 172 notice of the NIP amounts to a voluntary confession made under the provisions of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act.

What does this mean? Simply put, you have been co-erced into making a confession without having your rights read to you!

As we all know this is completely illegal and is EXTREMELY SOLID grounds for appealing.

If you've lost your licence due to a speed camera, I suggest you speak to a solicitor and get it back!

J.

so basically we are back to the inoccent till proven guilty , which is the law of the land , allegedly
if you sign these forms , u are in fact convicting your self ,and it cuts out the police doing there work , or the cps

would that be a fair assumption , jamie ?
me i dont mind warants , fcuk em , make em work , the toosers

Discussion starter · #50 ·
OK this is war!

I am going for it... :uy:

Gonna fight them all the way....

So anybody wanna buy my Skyline R33 GTR and my Pulsar GTiR?

Cos if I lose, they are gonna hit me hard!!! :confused:

Bas,

They can't "hit you hard" as you put it. You're either going to lose your licence or you're not. Simple.

Take printouts from the above mentioned websites to your solicitor and make sure he is fully versed with all the relevant rulings.

Best of luck, I really hope you win.

J.

So, i found out my laser detector bit on my road angle was correctly positioned this morning, money grabbers were sitting in a lay by with their little cash making gun and i was overtaking a lorry at 55 (in a 50) and my detector went mental, wasnt sure if i saw the van first and touched the breaks or did so after said warning, not sure if theyll do me but i tell you something if they say i was doing 65 im gonna take the buggers all the way, cos i saw the speed i was doing. i guess once the detector goes off your done???? sorry didnt mean to try and take over the thread just thought it was relevent to subject.
:) good luck Bas_boy mate.

If you were overtaking the lorry then chances are they were checking the lorry and your detector picked up some scatter from the laser.

I think they have to get 2 readings and report your average speed over a fixed distance, which is why when your detector goes off, you should hit the anchors (after checking your rear view mirror of course!) to reduce your speed to well below the speed limit.

Then again, this may just apply to the motorway so don't risk your licence on it!

J.

Good info there Jamie.

Paul,

You have been sucker punched Im afraid mate. Classic pig bully boy tactics.

With relevance to the jammer thing, this is a double edged sword. If you were overtaking a lorry at the time then you are perfectly within the law to exceed the speed limit momentarily to ensure a safe manouver before slowing back down to the limit again, this doesnt mean blowing the doors off an old biddy at 120 in a 40zone, but upto 60mph in a 40would not make a copper blink if it was obvious what you are doing. I found this out having stopped to speak to a cop with a blowdryer having done exactly that and he said I was fine and it was standard procedure to let people overtake in safety.

Laser rifles dont take two readings to average out over a large distance exactly, they just take a quick double reading to work out the speed you are doing (distance over time equals speed obviously). What happens if you have a jammer is that the laser gives a false reading or error code which takes even a well trained plod a few seconds to respond to which gives you a chance to practice a nice safe emergency deceleration as your jammer will have gone off, but also then turned itself off so that it doesnt attract suspicion by jamming plod a second time once he has sorted himself out and has another go.

However, a side effect to this is that wiley plods are now using the laser guns in a new way. They effecticely use them as a sophisticated vascar system using the laser's range finding abilities. Anyone who has sold a house recently will have seen some spotty teenager in Next's finest measuring up their rooms with a laser tape measure. Well the rifles the police have are just as effective over greater distances, and they can be used in a setting that allows plod to squeeze the trigger once as you pass for example cats eye 1. A second squeeze of the trigger a few seconds later as you pass tyre mark on the road 2 gives said copper his distance, and time components and the rest is a simple calculation done by the laser gun which tells him the bacon sandwiches are on the sergent as he has just caught public enemy number one for the twentieth time that morning. !!

I wouldnt plan on selling the cars just yet Bas, I think as long as they havent got a nice glossy 10x8 of your ugly mug tooling along the superhighway at warp8 then you have a good fighting chance of getting away with it.

Dont forget that there are a hundred and one other things for them to get wrong as well. They could lose your paperwork, the calibration certificate from Gatso, miss a deadline, forget to write to you for a few mionths (scot free in six months if they get amnesia you know !!)etc etc.

Get the old solicitor on the case asking for every piece of information known to man, specs of signs, whether there is some other technicality we are all overlooking at the moment.

Best of luck, and if the worst comes to the worst dont plead hardship and suffering for yourself as a mitigating factor. This only encourages them further as they feel your penance will be better learnt. Explain how your kids wont get to school, and you do work for charity that means you are the only one who can drive the bus for the old folks, and you six staff will lose their livelihoods and become drug dealing hookers without your employing them, and your the local lifeboat skipper desperately needing your car to save the poor unfortunates at the weathers mercy, and there will be a great flood, and famine.......and locusts !!!

You get the idea !!! Hardship for you is just punishment, hardship for others is an anti tree hugging neo fascist heresy that cannot be accepted. !!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Best of luck mate.

J.

I happen to know of a person who was sent a NIP with a digital still of him and his passenger doing over 100mph on the motorway and he sent a letter and heard nothing more!
If you want to know more then pm me!

41 - 60 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.