Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a listing for a Pair of Bridgestone Potenza REO 50. 215/45 R17,part worn, the listing clearly said pair of, when I submitted my bid of £40 and viewed it in my ebay I realised it was only for 1 tyre, the highest and only bidder bidding against me only went to £5.80. I tried to contact seller before auction ended to see if I was bidding for one or two tyres and got no reponse. I then tried to edit my bid to change the quantity to 2 just before the auction ended. after it ended the ammount I have to pay is £120,£40 +pp each tyre. Considering there was only one bid of £5.80, how has it jumped to £40. And surely the listing should have said for 1 tyre only, not a pair then only give you one when you bid.
Is there anything I can do to get out of this without affecting my 100% feedback.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
contact egay. and explain to the seller.. or just take it on the chin and take the neg feedback...

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts

The listing clearly states pair of tyres......

Poor/misleading description in my opinion. Just state that you'll pay £40 + £20 shipping for both tyres as that what you thought from the description you were buying. And give hime this link:-

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/listing-ov.html

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
The listing clearly states pair of tyres......

Poor/misleading description in my opinion. Just state that you'll pay £40 + £20 shipping for both tyres as that what you thought from the description you were buying. And give hime this link:-

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/listing-ov.html
yes maybe, but it is a dutch auction so the price you bid is the price you pay each ( if you placed say a bid £100 for two tyres and another bidder had only put a bid of 99p you would win and have to pay £200 + shipping) when bidding you would have been asked how many you were bidding on

from ebay help pages;

Dutch Auction (Multiple Item Listing)
A listing in which a seller offers multiple identical items for sale. Unlike a regular listing, Multiple Item Auctions can have many winners. Buyers can specify the number of items they're interested in and the price they're willing pay. Winning bids are determined by their overall value (bid price times the number of items bid on). For more information, see Multiple Item Listing.

ebay gets a lot of critisism but a lot of it is down to people not fully understanding the concept of the dutch auction or how it works

all the info is there just no one ever reads it

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
you cant alter a listing for items you sell once theres a bid on it. i would suspect you may have misread/misunderstood the original listing?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your views guys, refering to the dutch sale, it made no mention of this in the listing, and as for paying £40 + £20pp, shouldnt I be paying a penny more than the next highest bidder? Anyway I have Emailed the seller 3 times now without a response, if he doesnt get back to me i will just have to accept the negative feedback, although I really dont want to do this.
P.S. does the term dutch auction, mean it has been listed for amsterdam or am I being silly, Ive never heard of it before.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Pair of Bridgestone Potenza REO 50 tyres with at least 4mm of tread left over whole width.
Unfortunately I bought them in error for my S2000 which runs on 16" rims
One tyre has nail in it which is not on sidewall so could hopefully be repaired as shown in pictures
Genuine sale from established E bayer

everything in this add is for a 'pair' of tyres
first word in the add is PAIR
second thing is bought THEM in error
third, why say ONE tyre if only selling one tyre!
always plural never singular!
that would be deemed as a fraudulent advert as what they want to deliver does not resemble what was advertised.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I think you just can reject your bid or buy if he changed the add on the last moment...
Therefore you should be able to do that without negative feedback or at least you can state as a comment he has done that..

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The guy phoned tonight, he said he didnt understand why that had happened, we agreed £40 + £20pp, for both, thanks for your comments.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts