Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they seem really cheap, in Auto form especially

and i just went to inure one off pistonheads...

http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/3622/3622782-1.jpg

it came up on compare the meerkat as a van which was odd... but only £700 insurance for me (the GTST I own is 2 and a half grand!

so seems all good!

am I missing something here? lol

what are they like to live with?

·
Registered
87 Posts
mine's a 2.0 auto... All i can afford at the moment. But they are really nice to drive, have a 'power' mode if you want to have any power at all, but genereally i'd say go for it! petrol consumption is reasonable and with the right little extra's can look the part too.

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why not drop a n/a lump in your empty shell?? Problem solved
I would mate but I'd pay the insurance for a GTST PLUS the added insurance for a modified policy on a car with an engine swap

as a stock GTST is coming at quotes of £2500.00 per year for me, and a stock GTS is £700, seems mad to do that?

insurance is therefore epically gay

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why's it 2.5k to insure a gtst? Are you particularly young or something?
24 mate, A-Plan wont touch me

if i was 25 I would be so much better off (long story but right now I dont have a car and 10 people with MGs have offered to lend me one, but thanks to my age I can't drive another car 3rd party... which is just infuriating)

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
Adam - Do it!

As with any 2nd hand car, it will pay to get a pre-purchase inspection done but if that checks out.... why not?!

Just be aware they aren't the most economical, best handling or fastest n/a car on the street, but they will go forever if treated right!
Also, your obviously quite familiar with the RB (considering you already own one) so if anything does go wrong, you should be able to fix it quite easily and cheaply :)

A car with an RB25DE will be much nicer to drive than a car with an RB20E or RB20DE, not that there is anything wrong with the 20E / 20DE

·
Naz Ali
1,503 Posts
i have a 2.0 manual r33...sound nice. look the part, only conceptua have parts for them but why you bux from anywhere else unless your crazy lol...but fuel consumption is bad mine does around 45miles for 20quid of fuel and thats driving like a grandad lol, my mates and few other 2.0 i know do the same mpg as mine...its a big car for 130bhp 2.0 to move lol...so its not cheap on fuel as people make out...

iv driven 3 different imprezas running around 300bhp,2 tuned celica gt4s, a 2.8passat, galant twinturbo and na, volvo t5 ex police remapped and theyve all been cheaper on fuel then mine...

but i still love mine

·
Registered
305 Posts
yep thats awful MPG! i have an rb25de that is litterally miles better than that and my brother has an rb20e r33 and that averages 26-28MPG with mixed driving, you may want to have a little look at that dude!

·
Naz Ali
1,503 Posts
I was wrong...checked it today on normal driving it does like 50-60miles for 20quid of fuel

my mates rb20e does same...but on motorway its fine i can do like 50miles for a tenner

is there any way i can check if lambda is going???
mine does seem to pop a lot of very bright blue flames very easily..

I do put in v-power only as I believe most imports run better even though people say ts not needed on a standard na ....but you can actually hear the engine noise difference between regular and vpower so since 6months ago iv only been running v-power only....but when i checked mileage im getting same mileage wth both fuels for 20quid so in a way vpower gives me more miles unless i put foot own then it takes more then unleaded...but it runs a lot smoother with vpower

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI,

I bought my car just before Christmas and it does 28-32 MPG (RB20E), mixed driving conditions.
Modded with an air induction kit and straight through exhaust.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I was wrong...checked it today on normal driving it does like 50-60miles for 20quid of fuel

my mates rb20e does same...but on motorway its fine i can do like 50miles for a tenner

is there any way i can check if lambda is going???
mine does seem to pop a lot of very bright blue flames very easily..

I do put in v-power only as I believe most imports run better even though people say ts not needed on a standard na ....but you can actually hear the engine noise difference between regular and vpower so since 6months ago iv only been running v-power only....but when i checked mileage im getting same mileage wth both fuels for 20quid so in a way vpower gives me more miles unless i put foot own then it takes more then unleaded...but it runs a lot smoother with vpower
your car was built to run on 96RON and ive checked in Japan, after about 2 years of trying to find out here. Although your car doesnt NEED Super (98 or 99 RON) 95 RON U/L isnt really good enough. Best stick with the good stuff. My car maybe doesnt get 75 for 20 quid, more like 65-70 since the huge price hikes and i get far less on 95 RON, and it feels like a bag of s**t. Im in the middle of a dispute with my local shell garage but even when they wernt selling U/L from the Super U/L pumps...ahem... I find Tesco's 99 Feels so much better than V Power

·
Naz Ali
1,503 Posts
mine does 18-22mpg normal road/dual carriages driving......ok my driving 'might' be a bit antisocial in 2nd and 3rd a gear lot but i dont go speeding about just like the noise....and it does 32mpg at best on motorway if i do like 50-60mph constant...

only mods mine has is a decat and 2.25" bore exhaust with backbox and 1 mid silencer which was fitted 5months ago

its serviced every 5months, last service a month ago thats was:
-air filter
-fuel filter
-oil filter and oil change with 10-40 castoral
-spark plugs
-gearbox and diff oil changed

so basiclly its healthy and quite nippy so i dont get where the fuel is going though

1 - 20 of 45 Posts