Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Born and bred in Singapore, nurtured in the UK
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am thinking of buying a DSLR camera and was wondering which is the best all rounder for a budget of £350, I was looking at a Nikon and also the canon. I am a novice but want to be able to take good shots of my skyline for a start. also a good recommendation to a decent printer with good value print cartridges. Thanks for your help in advance.

Ron

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that price range I doubt there will be much in it between a nikon and a canon. Do you know which bodies you were looking at?

Hmmm.....I don't know how to answer this whilst keeping a straight face...but I think people are saying that they are quite plasticky., but I am not too fussed. I was looking at amazon and the price comes with a start up lens.

·
3,402 Posts
I was looking at buying a beginner DSLR just after the christmas and what I could gather the canon 600D was a very good camera for the money, am the nikon D3200 (I think) but seems too be very good beginner dslr,

What I was going for was a pentax K-30 which is supposed to be fantastic but a little out of your budget I think, also I don't think there is a huge amout of lense's for them though

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to the administrator for removing the spam...very quick action. Thank you guys....

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Thanks to the administrator for removing the spam...very quick action. Thank you guys....
Its our job, well one of them, camera wise i started into photography last year, bought a cheap SH Canon 350d with three lenses, and played around with that for a while then decided i needed something a bit more up to date, so sold the 350d body and bought a 550d body, recently bought a sigma 17-70 2.8 lens which is a fair bit better than the kit lens,
Don't get me wrong the 350d was capable of taking very nice pics, but it gets a little addictive, just go out and try a budget canon and a Nikon and see which feels right for you, once you decide, just by yourself a couple of books and get out and just take pics and experiment, you will be surprised what you can achieve.:)

·
bla
17,374 Posts
I may have a 350d up for sale very soon with filters and 3 lenses as well as another canon film camera..

We are looking to upgrade but have a bigger budget.. Dont have a clue what to get but would like to stick with canon..

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Its our job, well one of them, camera wise i started into photography last year, bought a cheap SH Canon 350d with three lenses, and played around with that for a while then decided i needed something a bit more up to date, so sold the 350d body and bought a 550d body, recently bought a sigma 17-70 2.8 lens which is a far bit better than the kit lens,
Don't get me wrong the 350d was capable of taking very nice pics, but it gets a little addictive, just go out and try a budget canon and a Nikon and see which feels right for you, once you decide, just by yourself a couple of nooks and get out and just take pics and experiment, you will be surprised what you can achieve.:)
Hi tricky, to do a paid job I agree but you guys are doing it off your back and at the expense of your own time so that is very commendable and should be thanked.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback so will go with an open mind this weekend to do some showrooming.

You people are the best and makes this forum amazing.

·
4,870 Posts
i'm in the same boat as you.... am thinking of upgrading my click n go camera into the DSLR camera, similar budget... have seen the Nikon D3100??

I think any camera can do anything its all down to doing your home work and watching tutorials on the net and getting to no the camera...

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm in the same boat as you.... am thinking of upgrading my click n go camera into the DSLR camera, similar budget... have seen the Nikon D3100??

I think any camera can do anything its all down to doing your home work and watching tutorials on the net and getting to no the camera...
I agree with you, with that budget they are quite similar and also I just want to get independent views as the comments in amazon could be skewed depending on whether they are fans of Nikon or canon...

·
SE Member / DJ
281 Posts
Nikon D3100 all the way, wex photography usually have some good deals but just make sure when looking online it says it comes with lens because some places sell SLR bodies only

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
I agree with you, with that budget they are quite similar and also I just want to get independent views as the comments in amazon could be skewed depending on whether they are fans of Nikon or canon...
Just go shopping at the weekend and have a play with each make and just see what feels right for you, everybody will have an opinion/preference so don't be swayed by that, both Canon and Nikon are very good and there is bugger all between them in the end result, its just a case of functions and controls.

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey peeps

Just got myself a canon 650d touch screen with flip screen pretty awesome and best thing is my company paid for it.. Will be experimenting soon at cheddar gorge with the SW meet this Sunday. Hope weather will be good for some amateur pics.

Thanks for all the kind advice.

Ron.

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
went out today for a few snaps, what you people think? I am experimenting tomorrow on fast action shots so can't wait

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks mate, it is for work really:).....just getting hang of it first then when comes to actual work photos it should be a breeze, had a go at taking my kids playing with water guns and the fast action shots were amazing, captured the trajactory of the spray...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts