Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, a friend has a skyline 350gt 2003 jap import manual with some light front and rear damage.
I havent got any pcs but it probably needs a d/s headlight , 2 rear lights and a bit of bodywork etc.
I know beggar all about availability of parts and only know of a couple of these cars in Ireland. Would it be hard to source parts / kit to get it back together, I wanted to move up the years a bit so I'd be selling my 34 to pay for it. Anyone any thoughts on this

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Hi guys, a friend has a skyline 350gt 2003 jap import manual with some light front and rear damage.
I havent got any pcs but it probably needs a d/s headlight , 2 rear lights and a bit of bodywork etc.
I know beggar all about availability of parts and only know of a couple of these cars in Ireland. Would it be hard to source parts / kit to get it back together, I wanted to move up the years a bit so I'd be selling my 34 to pay for it. Anyone any thoughts on this
Hey bud,
Depends on a few things, I'm working on the assumption that the shell is straight and the damage is purely cosmetic

To buy new headlights will set you back £600 to £1000 per unit, your best bet would go aftermarket in which case you'll probably want to order from Japan or Australia unless you want to have to modify the USDM units. Tailights are the same, if your lucky you may find a set on eBay or from Alex over on the 350z forum however don't expect them to be cheap.

Bodywork wise, parts are available again at cost from Nissan with parts being held in Amsterdam, as for finding parts locally its very rare that anything comes up, you can however pickup both the ken style front bumper and the full dm style kit from eBay which may work out cheaper than trying to replace any damage to the stock bumper etc

Hope this helps, I'd only consider it if its very very cheap :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey bud,
Depends on a few things, I'm working on the assumption that the shell is straight and the damage is purely cosmetic

To buy new headlights will set you back £600 to £1000 per unit, your best bet would go aftermarket in which case you'll probably want to order from Japan or Australia unless you want to have to modify the USDM units. Tailights are the same, if your lucky you may find a set on eBay or from Alex over on the 350z forum however don't expect them to be cheap.

Bodywork wise, parts are available again at cost from Nissan with parts being held in Amsterdam, as for finding parts locally its very rare that anything comes up, you can however pickup both the ken style front bumper and the full dm style kit from eBay which may work out cheaper than trying to replace any damage to the stock bumper etc

Hope this helps, I'd only consider it if its very very cheap :)
Its about 3k euros, I imagine I would have to pay double that to get into a clean 350z. That dm is nice , be happy with that but eek at the price of the headlights, think the bootis pushed in a good bit so maybe it wouldn't be worth it in the end

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Its about 3k euros, I imagine I would have to pay double that to get into a clean 350z. That dm is nice , be happy with that but eek at the price of the headlights, think the bootis pushed in a good bit so maybe it wouldn't be worth it in the end
Sorry if I wasn't clear, if you go aftermarket on the headlights you can probably get them for around £300-£400 secondhand delivered to the uk all in for a set.

How much damage has the rear actually taken a new boot lid etc wont set you back huge amounts, I may still have one in my garage...

Has the car been written off my insurance?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry if I wasn't clear, if you go aftermarket on the headlights you can probably get them for around £300-£400 secondhand delivered to the uk all in for a set.

How much damage has the rear actually taken a new boot lid etc wont set you back huge amounts, I may still have one in my garage...

Has the car been written off my insurance?
This is it here, not sure if it was written off or not. not really sure about whether it is worth repairing for going back on the road but would like it as a track toy
http://www.driftireland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33790

·
Super Moderator
9,036 Posts
Just looked at the pics and i would have to say that its going to have chassis+ sub-frame damage, as both rear quarters are creased, one quite badly, it will be written off for sure, the cost of putting it back on the road would be prohibitive.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Im no expert but Id have to agree with Dick, car will be write off for sure

If you are seriously interested I can probably get you a set of rear quarter panels second hand but Id be more concerned with any chassis/sub frame damage...itll be completely uneconomical to repair

Also if your mate decides he does want to break I have a list of parts Id be interested in :p

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
Just looked at the pics and i would have to say that its going to have chassis+ sub-frame damage, as both rear quarters are creased, one quite badly, it will be written off for sure, the cost of putting it back on the road would be prohibitive.
:iagree:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replys folks, I'm happy with your conclusion that it was an economical write off,I think the asking is too much then even with its rarity over here. Not sure whats gonna happen with it, I would love it as a skid car for next year but I'm not sure if I could justify buying it for sh*ts and giggles.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Given the current climate you can pick a straight auto one up for around 5-6k, I've even seen manual ones drop that low in the past few months.

Smurf, thanks for the info ill drop them a line as few bits I know people are after

·
Registered
230 Posts
Economic write off not chassis write off, think its going to jap performance rory unless i find a uk buyer who wants to part it out..

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
totally awesome cars IMHO had ours 5 yrs and absolutley no intention of selling it , still a oober rare car on UK roads

1 - 16 of 16 Posts