1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Must say my last two motors including my 34 have them as standard fit.

I dont like them, the colour of them look cool but i find them to be of poor light source but blinding to other drivers if that makes sence?

However they light up motorway signs alot better (not sure if there designed to work with reflective writing on them)

Anyway, these after market kits must be terrible to drive with? or are they extra bright so you can see the road but drivers coming the other way are blinded?

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
ditto here im running genuine audi a6 bi-xenons :D:D

·
Registered
1,863 Posts

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
multics mate you and me are onto a winner

the only safe and legitimate HID retrofit is one that replaces the entire headlamp—that is lens, reflector, bulb...the whole system—with optics designed for HID usage. In the aftermarket, it is possible to get clever with the growing number of available products, such as Hella's modular projectors available in HID or halogen, and fabricate your own brackets and bezels, or to modify an original-equipment halogen headlamp housing to contain optical "guts" designed for HID usage (though it should be noted that "cooking" the lens off a composite headlamp, installing HID optics and re-sealing the lens creates major problems of its own, and does not result in a legal headlamp).

:D:D:D

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
I remember when that was done but I've never had the right time kick in. I could have bought a HID Kit but I want it done properly like your's and Speeds :)
easily done if you have the parts mate :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts